Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FIFTYSIX

"Mr. and Mrs. Seguin?" My head pops up off of Tyler's shoulder and we all jump to our feet. "Savvy's fever is gone. She is ok."
"Oh thank god!" Tyler pulls me into his arms and I sob with joy.
"If you fallow me I can take you to her." He leads Tyler and I away from our group and down towards wherever Savvy was. We go into a room and I run over to where she is and pick her up, holding her to my chest. "Savvy Monroe is going to be just fine. I want to keep a very close eye her. There might be complications down the road due to the medicine we had to use."
"What kind of complications?" Tyler ask, one arm around me and the other hand on Savvy's head.
"There have been cases where kids have weak immune systems while others have great immune systems but lose their hearing."
"You're saying that there is a chance she won't be able to hear?" I ask, my heart drops as he nods his head and I look to Savvy with sad eyes.
"You'll know when she doesn't respond to sounds, you should know within two months if that's the case."
.
.
.
.
.
.

"She so cute! I'm so glad she not sick." Geno says over Skype as we video chat, Savvy in my arms, clear to his view so he can see his god daughter.
"Evgeni, there is something else." I tell him. We hadn't told anyone about her odds of turning out deaf but I couldn't keep it from Geno, he was like my brother and Savvy is his god daughter.
"Something wrong?" He ask and I can see the worry in his eyes.
"There is a 70% chance that the medicine they had to use on her, will make her deaf." He seemed to think it over.
"It be ok Alice. If she not hear then we learn sign language. She be fine. I know so." He gives me a supportive smile and I kiss Savvy's head.
"I hope you're right Evgeni." My phone rings and I look to see it's Candace. "Geno I have to go. Candace is calling love you."
"Love you! and Savvy!" I wave before hanging up the Skype call and answering my phone.

"Hey girl! How is my favorite sister in law?" She ask and I let out a sigh.
"I'm ok. I feel like every day is dragging on."
"When does Tyler come home?"
"In three days. You come over to watch the game tonight?"
"Yeah I promised Lane I would watch, plus I miss my niece." She lets out a laugh and I can't help but smile. "You want me to pick up something to eat?"
"I'm good. Thank though Candace."
"Alice… You need to keep up your strength."
"Candace, I'm not hungry. I'll see you soon." I say before hanging up and holding Savvy close. "I hope you're ok baby girl. I want you to know what your daddies voice sounds like and what the puck sounds like hitting the board. I love you so much Savvy Monroe. So much." My phone beeps and I pick it up to see a picture of a smiling Tyler which the caption. "Sending my love to my two favorite girls!" He was already in his equipment. I quickly get up to put on Savvy's jersey and my own and send Tyler a picture of us with the caption, "Sending you all the love and luck we can." I put the TV on the channel the game is on and go to unlock the door for Candace who just pulled up.
"Hey Marshall!" Candace greets Marshy who wags his tail at her before going back to his spot on the couch. "Give me my niece." Candace says teasingly and I reluctantly hand her over, even though I really didn't want to and I take her bag of fast food from her.
She fallows me over to the couch and sits down, I place her food on the table and shoo Marshall away from it.
The game finally comes on and we watch as the guys win the first face off the game against the Avalanche. The front door opens and I turn to see Rachelle.
"Hope I didn't miss anything yet!" She calls with a big smile on her face.
"Oh just Jamie winning the first face off!" Candace tells her excitedly and she comes over and takes a seat on the couch with us. We watch the game, the girls on the edge of their seats but I really couldn't even watch. I was to focused on Savvy.
"HAHA! Do you see that sign?" Rachelle says and I focus on the screen where they are showing a blonde busty girl who is holding a sign that reads, "Seguin! I can do it better than the MRS!"
"Are you kidding me?" I ask a little disgusted. "That's really what this league is coming too? Trashy puck sluts."
"Alice calm down, it's just a sign."
"Don't tell me to calm down Rachelle!" I bite back, probably a little rude but I just didn't care right now. "I'm sorry ok! I don't know what's going on with me but… I don't want to watch hockey! I don't want to talk about hockey! For once in my life I don't fucking care about hockey!" I take Savvy out of her aunts arms. "I need to give her a bath and get her to bed." I leave the living room and kiss my babies head. After giving her a bath I take her into my room where I hold her until she falls asleep in my arms. I then lay her in the bassinet next to my side of the bed. I leave my room and head back to the living room but the girls are gone. Any evidence that they were there is gone but the TV is still on, showing that the Stars are winning 3-2 and there is a note on the coffee table.
"I hope everything is ok. Call me if you need anything. XOXO Candace." I run a hand through my long hair and stop… My hair has always been long.. I need some change….
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so i know i have been slow with updates, I blame school work and finals haha but like i said before, i'm not finished, and thank you all for sticking with me through this:)

Please Please let me know what you think... it's gonna be getting a little dramatic... as you know they are pretty much perfect... But when something happens to a momma's baby... momma can take drastic measures.... give me your thoughts:)