Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FIFTYSEVEN

"Hey what are you doing?" I ask Candace over the phone.
"Nothing, Just studying. Why? What's up?"
"Well I wanted to apologize for last night. I've just been on edge lately."
"Hey no worries. Are you feeling better?" She ask.
"Yeah I am. Uhm I was also wondering if you could watch Savvy for about an hour or so."
"Yeah sure, what's up?"
"I just need to get some stuff done."
"Yeah of course I'll be right over."
"Ok thank you Candace." I say before hanging up and walking into the nursery with Savvy in my arms. "Let's get you dressed huh baby girl?" I put her in a cute little Romper that Candace picked out when I first found out I was pregnant and a matching headband. My phone rings and I look down to see Tyler's pictures.
"Hey babe!" He greats and I smile.
"Hey Hun, how are you?"
"I'm good. Ready to play the Blackhawks."
"Well I hope you kick butt."
"I miss having you on the road with us." He says and I can hear in his voice that he means it.
"I know, but Savvy here needs me."
"Give her a kiss for me ok?"
"Of course."
"Are you going to watch the game tonight?" He ask and I couldn't bring myself to lie to him.
"I don't know."
"What's wrong?" He ask and I shrug, even though he can't see me.
"Nothing is wrong. I just.. All I couldn't think about last night was Savvy and honestly I didn't watch past the first period."
"I know… Candace told me you kind of freaked out."
"Freaked out!? I didn't freak out!" I defend myself, a little annoyed that Candace would tell him that.
"Babe calm down! She was just worried about you."
"Well she shouldn't be. I'm absolutely fine."
"She said you didn't eat last night."
"I wasn't hungry! Good lord! I'm I not allowed to breathe without someone reporting it you!?" I semi yell at him and then Savvy starts crying. "I have to go." I say before hanging up the phone and rocking a crying Savvy in my arms. I hear the front door open and Candace comes walking into the room.
"Hold on she is right here." Candace says and hands me the phone, "It's Tyler." She says and I just hang up the phone and set it on the changing table and she takes Savvy from me.
"I'll be back in no more than two hours. Call me if you need anything." I say and she just looks at me shocked.

Candace's POV

As soon as Alice is out the door I call my brother back.
"Did she just hang up on me?" He ask, sounding extremely pissed off.
"Yeah… what the hell is going on Tyler?" I ask and I hear him sigh.
"Look no one else really knows but… Savvy might be deaf."
"Deaf? What are you talking about?"
"The meds that they had to give her to bring her fever down… they might have left her deaf but we won't know right away. I think she blames herself… I think she Is just really uneasy."
"Oh my god Tyler I had no idea."
"We didn't want to worry everyone until knew for sure but, I think it's really getting to her."
"I think she has just had a lot to deal with… Her dad passing, and I don't think she ever got to mourn and then you guys almost lost Savvy and now this… I feel so bad for her. I wish there was something I could do."
"I get all that Candace but she can't just push everyone away either. That's only going to make matters worse. Especially sense I'm not going to be there all the time."
"Maybe just try and talk to her when you come home tomorrow."
" I will. Love you Candace."
"Love you Tyler."

Tyler's POV

I just wanted to be home and now, as I pull into my driveway, I didn't know what to be prepared for. I park in the garage and grab my bag, which I leave in the laundry room. I walk through the laundry room and the dining room and into the living room where I stop. Alice is sitting on the couch with her knees up, which Savvy is resting on and she is talking to her. It's not any of that which has me shocked… It's the fact that Alice must have cut off at least seven inches of her hair and she didn't even tell me.
"Hey." I say.
"Hi." She says and smiles up to me. "How was your trip?"
"Well we lost yesterday but it was alright. How are you and Savvy?" I ask and make my way over to sit next to her, putting an arm around her and kissing both my girls on the head.
"We are ok. In a week we should start seeing some signs." She tells me and I nod.
"Savvy we need to talk." I tell her and she looks at me and nods. "I understand you've gone through a lot lately and I get that you're worried about Savvy, but you can't push everyone away. We are your family and we love you."
"It's just all I can think about…"
"Well maybe you should think about going back to work. It will keep your mind busy and I know your mom would love to watch Savvy."
"I just can't imagine if anything happens to her and I'm not there." She tells me and a sob breaks out and now I know what's really wrong. "I can't lose her Tyler!"
"You're not going to Alice. Savvy is healthy now. She is going to be just fine. But you need to think about your health too! You need to be healthy for her." I tell her and kiss her head as she nods.
"I know… I'm sorry Tyler."
"It's ok Alice. I'm sorry too. I'm sorry there isn't more I can do for you." She looks up at me.
"I love you so much Tyler. Please know that."
"I do baby, and I love you to, so much."
♠ ♠ ♠
ok thoughts please!!!!!
and sense it's been a few years sense this started i am giving Alice a look update!!!!

Image[/url]-->Image

a little more mature and with the short hair.