Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

SIX

Looking in the mirror I wasn't really sure I liked what I saw. Don't get me wrong, everyone constantly tells me how good I look, but I'm not sure how much I believe. My doctor said I would be find to gain a few pounds but I really don't see where. "What are you doing? You look great?"
I turn around and see Caroline smiling at me expectantly with Rachelle.
"You ready to go?" Rachelle ask and I nod and grab my phone and purse. For the first time in my life I wasn't excited to see a game. We were going to a bar and grill to watch the game and grab dinner.
"So they are in Minnesota?" Carolina ask and I nod.
"Yeah and then they have a game in two days against the Red Wings."
"You miss Tyler yet?" Rachelle ask as we walk into the bar that we always go to for away games.
"It's kind of nice to have some away time, I mean we are together every single day, but of course I miss him." I tell her and she nods. The bar tender greets us as we take our usual table in front of the large TV and he turns down the music and turns up the TV so we can hear the game as it is about to start.
"Hey Charlie! Can we get an order of wings and cheese stick and a round of Miller?" Caroline orders as the waiter comes up and he nods.
"Sure things girls."
"Oh can I also get the chop salad?" I ask and they all look at me like I'm crazy but Charlie nods any ways and walks away but the girls look at me weird as I sip on my water. "What?"
"Since when the hell do you eat salad during a hockey game?" Rachelle ask with a disgusted look on her face.
"Since I feel like it." I say and they drop the conversation as we turn to the TV.
In the middle of the first intermission I see some college girls walk in, one of them being Bethany and Caroline notices her right away.
"Oh look there is Tyler!" She says as he shows up on the screen with the puck and I just let out a sigh and then take the time to really take her in, She is petite, short and tiny with big boobs and a perky but. Fuck! She is actually really good looking, Tyler could have whoever he wanted and he was with me… I need to stop doubting myself, but I mean look at him but look at all these other girls..
"Dude! Pay attention!" Caroline snaps my out of my thoughts right in time because Tyler gets a goal and we all cheer loudly.
"WAY TO GO BABY!!! WOOHOO!" I know she is looking over here, I can feel her eyes burning into my back and then I see them all talk and then look over at us, but my attention is pulled to Charlie coming over carrying three shots.
"On the house ladies!" He says and we thank him and quickly take the shots, my first drink since I knew beer makes people fat.
"Should I just be the bigger person and go say hi?" I ask but Caroline shakes her head.
"Fuck that bimbo. Act like the bitch doesn't insist." She said and me and Rachelle bust up laughing at how hostile Caroline in but she just shrugs and smirks.
I guess I don't need to worry about being the bigger person because Bethany comes up to our table during the second intermission.
"I didn't think I would see you here. Your boyfriend know you're in a bar?" She ask with a fake grin plastered on her face and once again I'm filled hatred for the stupid girl.
"My boyfriend doesn't control me, but for the record, he told me to have fun." I say flashing her an equally fake smile.
"How long do you really think it's going to last Alice? I mean come on, he was like THE player of Boston and you think that he will just fall madly in love with you and all his old ways disappear? Grow up honey. It's only a matter of time. I mean look you." She eyes me over with disgust and right away she hits a nerve.
"Exactly! Look at her!" Caroline jumps to my defense, "She is the most real and most beautiful girl in this bar! Especially next to you and your fake ass friends. Tyler grew up! He found a woman, he is done with little girls now, so go on, run a long." Caroline uses her right hand to wave Bethany away.
"I'll try not to say I told you so when it slaps you in the face." Bethany hisses before heading back to her table and the girls all leave together.
"You alright?" Rachelle ask and I nod.
"Totally perfect." I answer and we finish the game losing 2-1 after going into OT and then in a shoot out.
When I get to my house I small little leopard print duffle bag that has a bunch of my stuff in it and drive over to Tyler's. When I get there I let Marshall out, who is overly happy to see me and then I change into boy cut undies and a tank top. I finish brushing my teeth right when my facetime goes off on my phone and I answer it so see Tyler on the bus with head phone in.
"I'm sorry about the game but you got a great goal."
"Thank Alice." He says and I receive a small smile. "How was the bar?" He ask and I sigh and shrug, "Alice what happened?" He ask again, knowing something must have gone down.
"It was fine, until I had to endure Bethany and her peanut gallery staring at me and then she came over and continued to inform me on how it's only a matter of time until you leave me to go on one of your party rampages because I'm clearly not good enough for you." I spill the story and he closes his eyes and sighs.
"I'm sorry you had to listen to all that shit babe. You know it's not true though, right?" He ask and I nod. "Good."
"You headed to the airport?"
"Yup. Then Detroit. What are you doing tomorrow?"
"I'm going to the rink in the morning to work out, maybe go ice skating."
"You're gonna start working out again?" He ask and I nod.
"I use to be a gym rat before I started babysitting you. I swear I have gained like ten pounds that I need to lose asap." I say and this earns a frown from him.
"Alice that is the biggest load of bullshit ever. You are perfect. I like you just the way you are." He says and I nod and give him a smile. I didn't care what he said but I would act like it makes a difference. I know I need to be better. I know I can look better. "Alright babe, well I got to go we just got here. I'll try to call tomorrow after practice."
"Alright get some rest." I say before hanging up and plugging my phone into the charger. Marshall jumps onto the bed next me and I pet him a little behind the ear.
"How about a run tomorrow morning? Would you like that Marshy-Poo?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know what you think! I hope you like it. If not let me know so i can make some changes.

Her outfit:
http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r778/jorij/4507dbd8f5d3c4b767070766abadc8a3_zps5707fbec.jpg