Status: All done! Read the sequal!

Roses Aren't Always Red

FIFTYEIGHT

"TYLER!" I yell from the nursery and there are tears in my eyes. He comes running into the door with fear written on his face.
"What's wrong!?"
"No look!" I grab the rattle and shake it where she can't see it but she looks in that direction and then I do it again on her other side and she looks in that direction again.
"Oh my god." He says and covers his mouth, tears coming from his eyes. "Oh my god she can hear! Alice she can hear!" he pulls me into a hug and I sob into his shoulder. Our little girl can hear. I can't believe how happy I am right now. All my fears just went out the window, all that matters is that Savvy Monroe can hear.
.
.
.
.
"Look Savvy! There is daddy!" I say as we sit in the owner's box with Rachelle, Candace, Abbe and Carly, a new friend I made.
"I can't get over how cute she is. "How old is she now?" Carly ask.
"Six and a half months! She is getting so big! She crawls and everything. She even tries to stand up!" Candace tells of her niece, clearly excited.
"So have you two gotten your sex life back?" Abbe ask and I nod.
"Yeah, at first it wasn't really there because we were so worried about Savvy but once we knew she was ok…"
"Oh lord!" Candace says, "I so don't need to hear this!" She jokes.
"What you don't want another niece or nephew?" Carly jokes and we all laugh.
"Oh lord no! Just Savvy for now. I don't think we are ready for another one just yet."
"I thought you two wanted a huge family?" Rachelle questions and I nod.
"We thought so, but now that Savvy is here… I think we just want to enjoy it for as long as we can."
"That makes sense.
"Yeah that's what Alice thinks!" Candace says with a laugh and we all look to her. "My brother is baby crazy! I'm pretty sure he still wants his own hockey team!" We can't help but laugh at that.
"Well we will just have to wait and see."
.
.
.
.
Tyler's POV
Its my day with Savvy Monroe, Alice has to go in for a meeting and a I happened to have the day off, so it turned into an unofficial daddy day.
"Come on Savvy Mo! Let's get you dressed in something warm so mommy doesn't kill daddy." I say and all she does is laugh and start squirming out of her clothes. Ok she is definitely mine, she is always trying to get naked. I pull out some little jeans for her and a long sleeve shirt with some little uggs… Everything is so little, you would have thought I would have been use to it by now. I pull on her warm jacket and her beanie over her short hair. "You wanna go ice skating Savvy Mo? Does that sound like fun?" I ask he and again she just laughs and go to take the beanie off. "Savvy, you gotta stay warm! Please just keep your clothes on!" I grab Savvy and her bag and my phone and keys and head out to the car. After strapping her in I call Ryan Garbutt.
"Hey you want to meet me at the rink? I'm taking Savvy skating."
"You would take a baby skating!" He jokes. "Sure. I'll be right there." I drive to the rink and it doesn’t take long for Ryan to meet us there and we get on the ice and slowly skate around with Savvy smiling on my hip. "She likes the ice huh?"
"Yeah she is going to be a great hockey player one day."
"Hockey?" He questions and I nod.
"Yeah! What else would she do?"
"How does Alice feel about her little girl playing hockey?"
"Let's just say it hasn't been brought up at the dinner table." I say with a laugh.
"You two gonna have anymore anytime soon or you done for a while?"
"I think we want to just enjoy Savvy and give her all our attention for now, Ya know?"
"Yeah I get ya. Hey so I saw Alice's new friend Carly? Tell her to hook it up!"
I laugh, "I'll make sure to bring it up."
"Dude I still can't believe you got married and had a baby… it's kind of crazy."
"Yeah but it's a good kind of crazy." I make another lap around the ice and then realize that it's open ice, that would explain the couple other people on the ice now. A girl, probably about 20, skates over to us.
"Oh my gosh she is so beautiful! How old is she?"
"She is 6 and half months." I tell her with a smile on my face.
"So cute… could I get a picture with you?" She ask and I shrug.
"Sure but uhm I don't want Savvy in any pictures."
"I totally understand!" The girl says and Ryan gently takes her from me and the girls friend comes over to take a picture.
"Thanks so much Tyler!" She gushes and throws herself onto me kissing me before I had a chance to even respond. I push her off and she just skates away before I can do anything. I turn to Ryan who is staring wide eyed, I take Savvy back.
"Dude that bitch got pictures of everything… She is setting you up." He warns but I shake my head.
"I'll talk to Alice when she gets home." If only had I known it wouldn't even take that long for the pictures to go viral.
.
.
.
.
The door slams and I flinch and stand up with Savvy in my arms. Alice storms into the room and drops her bag on the couch before hastily coming over and taking Savvy out of my arms.
"Get out." She says, not even looking at me.
"Alice let me explain…"
"What is there to explain Tyler? You took our little girl and you went and met up with some other woman! That's what it sure as hell looks like."
"Alice I swear to you! I didn't cheat on you! She threw herself on me! I swear I would never do that to!"
"You already did." She says and I look at her shocked.
"That's bull shit Alice! That was two years ago and you know how much I regret it."
"Tyler just… I can't do this right now…"
"Fine! Alice just fine! You figure your shit out and call me when you do because I didn't cheat on you and all this fighting isn't us!" I grab my keys off the table and take off… where I'm going, I'm not sure. All I know is that there will be alcohol there…
♠ ♠ ♠
We all know how perfect they have been,,, and sometimes a baby causes some stress and tension.... let me know what you think:)))