Status: still writing, more to come

Lincecum

CHAPTER IV: Until Next Time

It wasn't more than 2 minutes after Jorge came back with the receipt and said his goodbyes to us; we left the restaurant just to find a couple of paparazzi's outside the restaurant waiting for Tim, they were sure as hell not waiting on me. Surprisingly, some of the paps recognized me, I just said hello and answered some of their questions while I kept walking behind Tim towards the car. "No, we're just friends, I assure you that" I said smiling, still walking towards the place where Tim had parked his car. They started asking about Diego so I just told them we had broke up by mutual feelings. Finally when we arrived at the car, I sprinted towards the passenger seat, I just smiled goodbye to the cameras and slid onto the seat and let out a huge sigh. Tim was barely inside the car and he was already starting the engine for us to leave, I could tell he wasn't really that comfortable around the cameras, he didn't talk to them at all and kept his face down during the entire walk to his car. As he drove to my building, one of my favorite songs, Sara Smile by Hall & Oates, came on the radio, and I couldn't help it and started singing along to the song. Tim looked over and me and laughed a little, I looked back at him, raising my eyebrows and hands in unison a little bit, kind of apologizing for what was going on, as I continued to sing. When the song was over a commercial break proceeded so I wasn't able to continue with my little concert for Tim.

‘You know, you're actually a pretty good singer.’ Tim said glancing at me quickly and then focusing back on the road
‘Thank you for the sarcasm.’ I responded in between small laughs
‘No, I'm serious, you're not bad at all.’ he said turning to me, a little bit more now than before
‘Keep your eyes on the road, Lincecum.’ I said pushing his face into the right direction laughing ‘But thanks, I appreciate it.’ I responded smiling
‘You're welcome.’ he said smiling back as he stopped the car. ‘Well here we are.’ he said pointing at the huge building on my side
‘Thanks.’ I said as I gathered my things and unbuckled my seat belt. ‘Hey don't you want to come in and see our amazing view? There's a parking lot right at the corner of the next block.’ I asked him before getting out of the car.
‘Id love to, but I have early practice tomorrow before the game. Another time it’ll be.’ I tilted my head a bit and smiled sadly
‘Another time, it’ll be.’ I repeated after him and just as I was about to close the door he asked me
‘Hey, what are you doing tomorrow? Any chance you’d like to come to the game?’ he asked, just then a car behind him honked
‘I’d love to, but you’re going to have to text me the details when you get home, because they’re’ I said pointing at the cars behind his ‘going to kill you if you don’t move.’ I said with a small laugh
‘See you tomorrow Is.’ he said smiling
‘See you tomorrow, Ace.’ I said returning the smile, before closing the door and walking towards the building door, where I was greeted by Norman, the doorman. Once inside the building, I was greeted by Jessica, the manager of the building, who Lily and I call little J, even though she's older than us by a year. When I got to my apartment, I entered my bedroom and found a note on the bed: “You're so telling me what happened with Tim. Tomorrow. Over breakfast at Starbuck's at 280 King Street. -Lily.” I shook my head, yet sighed in relief that I wouldn't have to face an interrogation at that time of the night. I was really tired, so I changed my clothes into my pajamas, washed my hair and teeth, and went straight to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
PICTURES & VIDEOS
Sara Smile by Hall & Oates: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvHK8-g7qRw
Starbucks at 280 King St: http://s3-media2.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/ye-jEmhcwEvpGipswzW5tQ/l.jpg