How to Be a Heartbreaker

cinq

Can’t risk losing in love again.


Willa stared at herself in the mirror, making sure her make-up was carefully applied and that every strand of her hair was in the right place. She took in a deep breath, ignoring the ache in her ribs as her lungs expanded.

The long sleeves and skirt of her dress covered the bruises that marked her fair skin. She didn’t expect things to end up the way they had, but when she thought about it she knew it was the right choice. When would she ever get this opportunity again?

She saw her mother enter the room behind her in the reflection of the mirror.

“Oh, Willa,” she gasped. “You look absolutely stunning.”

“Thanks, Mom,” Willa answered, giving her mother a small smile.

“Are you ready?” Willa could see the tears forming in her mother’s eyes already.

“I think so,” she answered, standing carefully from the chair she had been sitting in. She adjusted the skirt of her dress, knowing this would be the beginning of the rest of her life.

She met Charlie at the altar, ready to be his wife. Despite everything, she knew that this man loved her, knew this would be her only chance at marriage.

And Willa knew that she loved him too. (At least, she thought she did.)
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry this took so long! Things got kind of hectic and I didn't have time to write.

But this is the last chapter!! Hope you enjoyed reading!

Thanks to those who commented, subscribed and recommended this!

~Sally