Status: one shot

Drowning in a Malestorm

haunted

"...Oh, I'm holding my breath
Won't lose you again
something's made your eyes go cold"
"Haunted" - Taylor Swift

He didn't speak, but he did sit down to take the sobbing girl on his lap. She didn't do anything, just gasping- trying to stop crying.
She didn't want to look vulnerable to him. But he didn't see her as vulnerable.
Elizabeth was as strong as a tidal wave, but as broken as a frozen watch.
At some point- she just couldn't keep herself together anymore. The struggles of trying not to cry lessened, leaving her utterly defeated.
He did not say a word, just rocked the bare girl in his arms. He too, didn't wear any clothing. Just for her comfort.

Eventually, she slipped an arm around his neck- pulling herself up to snuggle closer to her only friends chest.
She didn't mind it was him, he knew. He understood her pain. They were both the same, although Elizabeth was the one who broke. Every piece in her body burned dully, the aching of her soul only made the sobbing worse.

Still, Angelo kept silent. Letting the fragile heap cling on to him like there was nothing left of her.
This time, she was the one to speak.

"Why-" she choked out, not pulling up to look at him. Another sob rippled through her chest- letting her shoulders shake of the force.

Angelo didn't say anything, carefully running his fingers over her arm- to let her know he was there. That she wasn't alone.

"I can't do this. It's killing me." The broken girl cried, and Angelo closed his eyes.

Elizabeth felt that Angelo tensed, and she gripped him tighter.

"Ange."

His name was empty, hollow- alone, when it came out of her mouth.

"Don't." he just responded, letting a hand run through her dried hair.

"You can't keep me here." She tried to sound harsh, to gain her attitude back. But it left her crushed, torn in two.

Angelo looked down at her.

Elizabeth reached the breaking point, the point where everything was possible.
Even killing herself.

"Liz', look at me." Angelo ordered, and she couldn't help but obey to that strong voice.

Their eyes met, hers were glassy with tears- his just bore into hers. Trying to let her know she's not hated by everyone.

"No." she whimpered, stifling another sob- hiding her face into his chest.

"Ryan is just teasing you, he wasn't serious. Elizabeth" She didn't believe him.

"I don't. – I don't want to hear her child laugh, it should be me. It should be me in Chris' arms- it should be me. All the time." She sobbed for all that was left of her, and Ryan closed his eyes- gently stroking Elizabeth's shoulder.

She was jealous, jealous and crushed. She wasn't being selfish, she was torn apart by a fairytale she used to believe in.
♠ ♠ ♠
ALHFP;IAWEHFALkdifphF another chapter up!! (: comment please!! ... I know I know it's short buuuuut I'm almost done with this story.