Status: one shot

Drowning in a Malestorm

my happy ending

They sat there, unmoving. The fragil breathed harshly, swallowing back the sobs that wanted to leave her lips.

"TJ was dead serious. Can't you- I thought you understood me.. Ange- I'm a dead end. Nobody would want me, - I'm cranky, and I will end up dead later anyway." her voice finally sound like a sneer, more like the tough cookie she pretended to be.

Angelo knew better.

Their eyes met again, there wasn't a sparkle of life in the girls eyes. She was spend, empty- she had enough.

He hesitated, maybe if he would show her that he cared- she would stay.

His arms tightened around her, pulling her closer.

Their lips nearly touched, and Elizabeth gasped at the warmth of Angelo's breath on her lips.

Her gasp was only a sign of approval for Ange to let his lips meet hers, he tried to find some life in the kiss. Some electric wave, something that let him know she was still alive.
But he got none.

He slid his tongue over her bottom lip, Elizabeth parted her lips- but she didn't fight for dominance.

She let him do it freely.

Elizabeth moved, sitting up and hooking her legs around her friends waist. Their bodies touched, and Elizabeth felt aware of her body against his. It was a foreign feeling, she never fantasized about this.

But Ange did.

Ever since Elizabeth shut herself from everyone, he started to notice her. To hear her broken howls, to see the pain in her eyes, to smell the fear of going through the same pain again.

She couldn't cope. It was too much for her. Even the strongest break.

They pulled back for air, both breathless- Angelo saw something what looked like a sparkle in her eyes. The life was returning.

"Angelo I don't know.." she choked out between gasps, and he nodded simply, stroking a strand of hair out of her face.

"Don't jump." Angelo whispered, leaning his forehead to hers. She bit her lip and closed her eyes.

"I have to." She responded, she didn't want anything else than escape her pain. To escape her heartbreak.
Nobody would probably care that she would be gone.

"Why are you so determent about this..? Don't I mean anything to you?" Ange asked, his voice a little edgy at the end.

Elizabeth whimpered, pulling back out of her friends arms and getting to her feet.
The rain started to fall again.

"You do. You.. understand me." She spoke softly, taking a few steps closer to the edges of the cliffs.

Ange got up to his feet, a broken glance in his eyes as he watched his best girl friend.

She never got the support she needed. She was left alone, trying to find light in her darkness.

But all she found was sorrow.

"Please.."

Ange reached out for her, but she shook her head. A shuddery breath escaped her lips, and she looked away.

"Please.... don't do this"

Maybe he could get her back that way, but it was a wrong move.

She laughed, a bitter and angry laugh that echoed through the trees.

"It's okay, they wouldn't even bury me."

It hurt him.

She hurt, too.

"Ange." She whispered, and he met her eyes. "I have one request." She added silently, Ange nodded faithfully.

"Tell Sam.. Tell Chris and Carly I'm incredibly happy for them." She paused, her voice drowning in sadness.

"They'll feel sorry, Elizabeth. Even if I would tell them this." Her friend pleaded, but she refused.
"Tell them it's not their fault." She paused again, taking a step back. Elizabeth reached out for her blindly- his own eyes watered with hurt. "Just tell them Elizabeth had finally found her happy ending."

Angelo nearly sprang forward- trying to grab her as she leaned backwards- towards the rough sea.
Elizabeth fell.
Her shattered soul would be healed.
Her suffering would end.

But she will always be a shadow of her former self.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 the end