Status: one shot

Drowning in a Malestorm

shadow of her former self

He was the guy who saw her fall.

He was the guy who didn't admit he loved her.

He was the guy who blamed himself for her action.

He was the guy who.. couldn't cope with her death.

Angelo Parante couldn't believe what happened, why didn't he stop her? Why didn't she stop herself?
She said; "It's okay, they wouldn't even bury me."
They wouldn't. But he would.

Well, maybe Elizabeth didn't die for someone else- but she died as a strong person who refused to give up until her very ending.

A happy ending.
She called this her happy ending.
But her death wasn't anywhere near the fluke of a fairytale. She believed it. She used to believe in whatever Chris told her, maybe Chris was honest. But as soon Carly came in his life- he shoved her away.

She was Snow White, but no prince kissed her out of her nightmare.
She was stuck in the tower like Rapunzel, but no prince came to rescue her.
She was Cinderella, but nobody slid the lost slipper on her foot.
She was the little mermaid, who lost her prince to another woman.
She was Beauty, her Alpha was the Beast. But she never told the Beast she loved him.

She never had her happy ending, even if she wished she would.
But wherever she was, she would be happier there than feeling like an outcast here.
He got her point.
Through the years, she build. She broke, she build herself up again. To finally crumble apart.
He didn't blame her.

The tears ran down over his cheeks by only imagining him in Elizabeth's shoes.
Nobody would want to be in them.

"Ange?"

He turned around.

Seth emerged from the trees, his face was twisted in agony.

"Where's my sister? I feel like something's wrong." Seth said, looking for hope in Angelo's eyes. But he found none.

"Angelo?"

He howled in agony.

Elizabeth's little brother stirred at that, Something had happened.

"Elizabeth, it ain't funny. Where's Liz?" Seth choked out, searching for any sign of his big sister.

Seth staggered. She couldn't be. She was strong. Unbreakable.

The young boy collapsed , the whimpers escaping his mouth- he cried. The whimpers began to get louder, until Seth hollerd. Long. Loud.
Angelo let his thoughts wander, that he tried. That he tried to stop her from reaching her 'happy' ending.

Seth lost faith in just one minute, turning- running away with all his might. With all the strength that had build because the loss of his father.
Seth couldn't cope the death of his sister, just like Ange couldn't cope the death of his Love.

Angelo couldn't believe she was really dead, but he had to be sure. He just had to be sure, to check on her body. To be certain her heart had stopped beating.

It didn't take long for Angelo to reach the beach, his eyes tried to note something different. But he didn't found anything, just water and sand. Rocks and cliffs.

He wanted to leave, until he heard a whimper from somewhere.

His thoughts ran wild, Elizabeth? Would she still be alive?

"Liz!" he shouted, trying to find a glimpse of the she-wolf.

"I'll beat the crap out of you, Parante. Let me die." Her voice was strong, snappy- and he knew she survived the fall.

"Where are you- where?"

"I'm here you dumbass." She sneered, a weak hand- covered in blood fell on a low rock.
And that's when he saw her, her hunched naked form- broken, covered in salty sea water and her own blood.

He ran over to her, but as he wanted to touch her- she growled.

"I'm in too much pain, don't touch me." She spat, trying to lift herself up. She fell back down like a lifeless puppet.

"How much does it take for me to end my crappy life, Ange? Why does that jerk up there want me to suffer so badly?" she choked out, her breathing coming out in short gasps.

Typical.

Here she was, almost dead. But she still managed to be snappy and hateful.

He glared at her, pulling her up by her armpits- despite her moans and shrieks in agony.

"When do you learn your lesson, Elizabeth?" her Alpha growled, taking her fragile form on his lap. Some bones stuck out of her flesh, and he could feel a large gap at her lower back. She didn't wince or cry out when he touched it. The flesh felt numb, lifeless. She was dying without her knowing.
"The lesson that I never will die?" she questioned slowly, resting her head on his shoulder numbly.

"I wouldn't be sure of that, Elizabeth. These wounds- they can't heal. The bones of your back separated."

"Bull-crap. I don't remember hitting a rock there."

"Maybe you don't, because you had more mental pain at that point."

She moaned, letting her weak hand take his strong fingers.

"Why do you care?" she whispered, giving in to the state she was in.

"Because I just do." He replied casually, staring down at her. She looked obviously crushed again, but her eyes were hollow. Empty.

"I thought I saw dad. At the bottom. But I got pushed to the shore." She whimpered, and he felt for her. He really did.

"He doesn't want you to die."

"No, he does. But I understand why he didn't let me die instantly." She shook a little, a shiver ran over her arms- causing her to moan.

He didn't understand what she was talking about, but it fell together as she tried to reach his face with hers.

"Liz." He mumbled sharply, but she smiled- ghostly and empty, and he knew it was almost her time.

"Kiss me again." She slumped back down, powerless. But Angelo didn't allow his Love to slump down, not yet.

Her breathing began to get shorter, and her eyes reached his again.

Hers sparkled, but the sparkles disappeared one by one- slowly. The life in her eyes was dying.

"Leah, I know I'm late. But I came to save my Rapunzel from the tower." He whispered, it made her expression twist to confusion.

"What?"

He closed his eyes, and then smiled.

"I'm kissing you out of this nightmare, Snow White." Her Alpha whispered, and her eyes widened a little.

"I'm not Snow White, she's a dwarf lover."

"Let me save you from the sea, my little mermaid." Jacob grunted, starting to get a little annoyed because of her refusal each time.

"The sea already killed me." Her voice got weaker, and he couldn't help but glare a little.

"Let me fit the slipper to your foot, Cinderella."

"Slippers are smelly."

He snorted, and then pulled her face to his.

"Then let this Beast love his Beauty, even if Beauty doesn't want to love such an ugly thing."

He sealed her lips with his, she weakened under his touch- and it had gotten him worried for a split second. Until he felt the slight pressure of her, kissing him back. He leaned back, pulling her into a more comfier position, half sprawled on his chest.

Their kiss broke too soon, simply because Elizabeth was too running out of breath. She watched him, weakly – hesitating.

He gently laid her head on his chest, running a hand through her hair.

"I do." She muttered weakly, and Elizabeth frowned.

"Do what?"

"I do love you, Beast."

He moved himself a little, to take a look at her face.

She looked so tired.. Her eyes were half drooped, and she was looking at something far away. He bit his lip.

"I love you, too. My Beauty. Let me give you your happy ending."

She stirred, stifling a soft chuckle. He winced just letting his hand run through her hair.

"I mean it.." she paused, her breathing slowed a little- and the tears began to burn behind the man's hazel eyes. "I love you, Angelo."

"And I love you, Elizabeth."

She giggled tiredly, gently letting a hand move over his torso.

"Thank you." She whispered, trying to look at him with all her might.

"And Elizabeth died happily ever after." Her bestfriend whispered, his voice cracked a little now.
Her heart missed a few beats, and she hummed in agreement.

"Sleep, my sleeping beauty." He whispered into her ear.
She took his words eagerly, she tried her best- to talk, to breathe- to live. But her soul was far too damaged, just as her body.

Her eyes closed, a tiny smile remained frozen on her face as she sank away. Where pain was no longer a worry, where fairytales were real, and where her love would conquer.

Angelo Parante had a faint feeling this wouldn't be the last meeting he would have with her. Although he hoped.
After all. He believed fairytales never ended, even when the trust in them had faltered.

The man laid there, waiting till he was absolutely sure she was gone. That she had a place to rest, before her spirit would refill itself with power.

He cradled her, listening to his own beating heart. The only soft thudding heart that was left of them both.
He ran another hand through the hair of the woman, he started to notice her temperature. She wasn't feeling that warm like a human would.

He stared at the sky, the white clouds that floated in the air. He wondered if she really was happy now, that she really got her happy ending.

"Oh fuck.."

The voice startled the man, and he stared at his fellow friend- who sank to the ground in utter silence.

The older and taller man didn't say anything, he just stared at the broken form that laid spread over Angelo's chest.

"Seth was serious."

Angelo could only nod, it must be really hard on Chris. That his high school love had committed suicide. But if he really cared, he would've ran after her the moment she ran out of his house.

"I never wished that this would be her end.." Chris whispered, touching the woman's head. Angelo gritted his teeth.

"Then how did you want her to die, Chris? You left her, you forced her to be on her own."

"Who are you to say that? You don't know anything!" Christopher spat, getting to his feet to glare at the younger Alpha.

"I'm the Beast that saved the real princess from her unhappy ending, her prince that kissed her to turn her nightmares into dreams. You, will never take that task to yourself. You wouldn't even think about that doing that for her." Angelo breathed between clenched teeth.

"I never wanted to hurt her!" Chris roared, sinking back to the ground in defeat. He hung his head, and Angelo looked away.

"Tell Chris.. Tell Chris and Carly I'm incredibly happy for them."

The mighty Angelo hesitated to tell his fellow friend, bandmate, brother what she told him. But then again, this was her final request. So he sighed.

"Chris."

Angelo held the limp body of Elizabeth as he pushed himself to a sitting position.

"She's happy for you, and Carly. It's not your fault, nobody takes blame for her death. She was tired, Chris. Tired of the pain and suffering." Angelo paused, staring at Chris' watery eyes- Chris never cried. He never saw him cry, so Liz still meant something to him.

"I love her. Angelo." He choked out, staring at the colorless cheeks of his high school sweetheart.

"I regret hurting her. I regret it all. But you know what it's like- Emily was there. She was the one." He added sadly.

Angelo closed his eyes.

"Shut up now, Chris. This isn't about you and Carly now. It's about Liz, it's about Liz's feelings- and what she had to go through." Angelo hissed, but his anger subsided as soon he remembered the smile that Elizabeth had when she passed away. She had her happy ending, maybe not an 'ever after'. But she had a happy ending.

"All fondness unexpressed, All farewells unspoken, All smiles unseen, A waterfall of tears is not enough."

"Tonight there must be people who are getting what they want. I let my oars fall into the water. Good for them. Good for them, getting what they want."

--------------------------

He sat on a bench near the graveyard.

The hothead had not said a word ever since he knew about her death.
Was it his fault?

His rough words- he never meant them.

He was always angry, she knew that. She teased him, they would fight- but easily be friends again.

But he didn't feel like a friend to her anymore.

He failed her.
If only he hadn't said the words that rolled out of his mouth that day.
If only he went after her, like Angelo did. To stop her, to hold her, to let her grief for the pain she couldn't hold.

"Ryan?"

He gave no answer, his gaze pointed at the ground sternly. He refused to talk, he was mourning.

"It's not your fault, Ryan."

He trembled.

"It's okay to cry, if that makes you feel better."

He gritted his teeth.

"There's some food inside.. If you're hungry- you're free to come by."

Ryan was left alone again, and he stared at the entrance of the graveyard. It looked spiritual, for the strong ones. The shape shifters that died in vain.
He laughed bitterly. He didn't want her to commit suicide, he was angry. He said things without thinking.

"I would've killed myself if you dated me. Lucky for Carly she doesn't know about you, you don't exist in her eyes. When do you grow up?"

She lied.
He didn't like her, but still she committed suicide.
And yet he knew she was right.
Allie never noticed her, she was in love with someone. Not with him.

"Sure, will you bring me to my dad then- holding my hand all the way?"

She cheated.
He was supposed to hold her hand.
And he would happily guide her to the peace she deserves.
Her death made him realize that she had far too much pain to cope.

Ryan got to his feet, he had no reason to be angry on her. The only reason he was angry was that it was his fault. His own mistake that cost a life.
He made his way into the graveyard, staring at each tombstone that he passed. But then hers came into view, the flowers covered the fresh dirt. It looked beautiful.
But the situation was depressing.

Here rests Elizabeth Luna Danvers

Shed not for her the bitter tear
Nor give the heart to vain regret
Tis but the casket that lies here
The gem that filled it sparkles yet

May her soul be loved in eternity

He stared at it for a while, there were pictures of her when she was a toddler. Standing beside her mother and father.
Next to that memory, was a picture of her and Seth holding hands. It looked like Seth had cried, but
Elizabeth only smiled a huge girly smile.
Ironically, there wasn't a picture of her and Elizabeth. He never really realized how forlorn she looked sometimes, that she would love to be happy- but that she couldn't.

"Liz."

His voice sounded sharp, emotional- totally not his own.
He swallowed, folding his arms together and looking away from her grave.
The emotions that ran through him were foreign, it was like he lost a sister. A biological sister to his heart.
He gritted his teeth again, letting his arms slide back next to his body.
It didn't take long until he noticed the quakes that ran through him.
A low growl escaped his throat, hanging his head in defeat.

"I'm sorry, Elizabeth."

And with that, the crushed hothead ran away from the graveyard- to the beach. Where she spilled her last breath, and where she shared her last smile.

He suffered from his mistakes, he blamed himself.
How could she do this, it must be a lie. She faked her own death, just to see if I would care. Well- it's okay Elizabeth! I care, I fucking care okay! Just come back- make snappy comments about my attitude, embarrass me- make me angry..

He got no answer. Not that he would've heard her, but he was just- furious about it.

Elizabeth! Get your ass back here and stop lying to everyone- I'm sorry okay! I'm fucking sorry! You knew I wasn't serious- I've never been serious.. But if I knew that this would be the outcome of my action- I would never, ever had hurt you.

Ryan collapsed in the sand, he refused to cry. He was strong, maybe a bit stubborn when it came to emotions- but he wouldn't cry.
He realized he was in denial. He made himself believe Elizabeth was pulling a prank on him.
But he refused to admit that he was mourning, this was Ryan. The hothead! Nobody broke through him except for Allie!

"Ryan?"
The voice made his body jerk.
"Liz? Liz!- I knew you were lying you fucking bitch!"
He didn't notice he was crying until the person pulled him into an embrace.
"It's okay, Ryan.. You know it's not your fault."
Normally, he would stay strong. But he couldn't.
He was angry, frustrated- but the main thing was..

Ryan couldn't cope with the death of a sister.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your candle burned out long before your legend ever did."
Seth stood near the grave of his father, the tears pooled out of his eyes- they were unstoppable.
The Luna's were falling apart.

First his father.

And now they took his sister away.

"Who's going to die next, dad? Is it mom?" the broken puppy growled, hugging himself with his bare arms.
He felt humiliated for talking to his dad's grave. But it calmed him, sort of. It eased the pain of the loss of his sister.

"Oh no, oh- God. I can't take this anymore!"
Evertime she cried.
He listened.
"Fuck you, Chris. Fuck- fuck you!"
He crawled out of his bed.
"If only Carly never existed!"
He opened the door of his room, and then gently knocked on the door of his sister.
She fell silent.
"I'm fine, go away."
He listened.
"I'm not going until you allow me in." he responded bluntly.
"Then I'm afraid you'll be there for a while." She sobbed, throwing a pillow against her door.
"Then I guess I am."

An hour of silence passed. But he still sat on the same spot that night.
She quit crying almost 23 minutes ago. He thought she was sleeping, but that was okay. He wasn't going until she allowed him in.

"Seth. You can.."
He entered. They shared glances, and he closed the door behind him. He didn't say a word, he never did. She was hurt, he knew that. He loves her, she's his older sibling. Like a twin- but yet different.
He once told Elizabeth that she forgot to take him with her as little seeds.
She laughed.
Her laughter still echoed inside his head.

Seth curled up next to her, taking her into his arms to stroke through her hair like Harry, there father always did.
She didn't make a sound, but her breathing was sharp- ragged. She tried not to cry.
It only took a few minutes for Elizabeth to finally settle down, to fall asleep with her brother next to her.
But he didn't leave. He would only leave when she allowed him to.

"Seth?"

He turned to face Angelo, he carried something that looked like a picture.
"Hey." The young boy replied, looking back at the grave of his father.
"Ready to meet your sister?"
"Definitely."

And the two made their way to Elizabeth grave.
Seth narrowed his eyes, inhaled- and then smiled.
"Hey, sis." He greeted softly, Elizabeth pat his shoulder softly- and then stared at the picture he was carrying.
"Angelo brought you something, it's a present to make you cheer up a bit."

The man smiled, and then gently placed a picture of Liz, Seth- and Ange. Covered in mud and spaghetti sauce.
That they were forever sealed, to never forget.

"You do remember that, don't you?" Seth questioned, not minding that he wouldn't receive an answer.
"I spend two hours in the shower. Fucking two hours." Angelo snorted, while they both sat down like they were visiting a sick friend.
"You did ask for it, Liz doesn't like being accused of pig-behavior."
"She fell in the mud, what did you expect? No comments?"

The reason for the spaghetti sauce was pretty obvious.
It was a warm day, they were playing outside.
Sue decided to let them eat in the fresh air, but as soon the trio appeared in the doorway- the food fell on the ground, the sauce still hovered in the air.
Seth could still see their own faces as the sauce splashed all over their mud-coated skin.
"GROSS!" Elizabeth would yell.
"You're already dirty, Liz. What's the point?" Jacob replied.
"But I don't want to smell like spaghetti!"
Seth only laughed- but they all snapped out of their trance as Harry took a picture of them.
"DAD!" The siblings would shriek in unison. Angelo fell down of laughter.

But now.
The laughter was only a memory, just as the picture, just as their she-wolf.
Jacob just sat in silence now, remembering Elizabeth's smile as if it was yesterday. Wherever she would be, she would be happy.

Maybe they would shine some light on her, so the shadow of herself would falter a little.
♠ ♠ ♠
SURPRISE!!!! I fucking lied. THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER!! I'm so happy on the way this ended up. I want to thank each and every one of you that read, commented and subscribed and even cried to this story. Thank you so so much. comment and let me know what you guys think! Until next time
xo Lacerated Lullaby