Status: It'll slowly pick up I promise

The Moon and Back

Two.

Waking up this morning to an empty room is a chilling feeling. Throwing my feet over my childhood bed and walking on the floor I've grown to be familiar with, too the bathroom I've always seen for the last time almost gives me a stomach renching pain. After brushing my hair and teeth and putting on my light make up, I slip into my high wasted acid washed jeans and a simple baseball t Tom petty shirt, I walk downstairs to see my parents sitting around the table with coffee cups at hand. "Mom, Dad. I think I'm about to head out."
"Oh sweetheart, mama loves you baby. Call me when you land, when you yet to your new apartment when you see your roommate, after so you can tell me if you like her, before you go to sleep and when you wake up."
"Dear lord Kathy, breathe. I love you baby girl, Im so proud of you. Daddy's always here" my parent come from a softer southern generation. Saying goodbye to their cubs isn't very common in the south. I mean it's not like I'm leaving forever I'm just moving for school. At least that's what I'm telling them.
"Mom calm down ill be fine, I love y'all both more than anything in this world. Ill call y'all when I land"
"Bye baby, I have a car arranged to pick you up and to take you to buy one for yourself, be careful bird." And that was it, in my car heading out to the air port. Moving to Arizona was very spontaneous. I mean I've had a full soccer scholarship waiting for me there since I graduated 3 years ago but I guess now is just the perfect time. I'm excited but also scared shitless. What if my roommate hates me, what if I hate her. What if this is all one big mistake and I make no friends and continue my miserable life in Arizona. Well here's hoping my awkward ass can make friends with at least one person.