Status: It'll slowly pick up I promise

The Moon and Back

Three.

Pulling up to my new apartment complex, my stomach begins turning in knots. I don't think I have ever been so nervous in my life. So many boxes to unload, a job to find, a new team to try and fit in with, new people to meet. Walking up to the door I begin to take deep breaths and a very nervous hand shake begins to take place as I try to take control of my nerves. Seeing my refection I'm the shiny black door I take in my reflection.
Lond natural wavy blonde hair, my fragil skinny frame, my long and lanky legs and dull pale blue eyes that have lost shine in my many years of sorrow in bama. I begin to question myself should I turn around and forget all of this happended or should I-
"Excuse me, are you okay?" A deep voice fills my years and pulls me out of shock. I turn around to see and strawberry blonde man in front of me with a concerned look in his eyes. Next to him a was a healthy, beautiful brunette with that same look of concern.
"I'm so sorry, y'all can go ahead. I'm just being a goof." A goof? Cove a goof, really? I thought we were trying not to stand out. "Is that a southern accent I pick up?" The small brunette finally pipes up. "Goof and Y'all, I'd say so Amber" they both begin to giggle"
"Hi I'm Amber Gilbert, you must be Cove. I hope so because if not this is awkward" how did she know my name was cove? Wait Amber? That's your roommates name.
"That would be me" I shyly admit.
"Sorry your accent sort of have you away, I guess I'll show you up Roomie" she seems sincire.
"Oh I'm jarred by the way, my girlfriend seemed to forget to mention that."
"Oh hush Jerred" we make our way up and they held me with A few of my bags, my bed and furniture arrived weeks ago, so I've been told so all there's to do is unpack my many boxes.
"I'm glad you didn't decide to turn around back there" Amber finally breaks the silence.
"How'd you know I was second guessing"
"I once was where you were two years ago, don't worry you'll fit right in" she says with a sweet smile. I look around my new home and take a deep breath, it's fine cove, you're fine. "So Cove you're from Alabama I hear, what made you want to come to Arizona?" The redhead chimes in. "Jer I told you a Soccer s scholarship. Keep up" I haven't yet picked up on if her constant control over Jerred just something cute she does from time to time or if this is really how they are. "Yeah that and I needed to get out of there, I felt I was suffocating at times there, ya know? Like I didn't belong." I take note to there matching head nods that simble them just trying to keep up. "So Amber, you said you moved here two years ago. Where from?"
"Well cow girl, I move here from Washington. Also for college.
I didn't get a scholarship, my parents are just from Arizona." Cow girl? Great must be my awesome first nick name.(full of sarcasm)
"Your shirt, Tom Petty? That's pretty cool not many girls dig him" Jarred states. "Yeah my dad plays a big role in that, growing up he pretty much set me up to have an amazing music taste. I'm forever in dept to him" they both start to laught. "Awesome, I have a buddy who seriously worships the dude. I mean pettys Great but John takes it to a whole new level." Jarred says.
"Really that's rad, I could sit and talk music for hours. Actually, that's what I'm studying in college."
"That's sick Cove, well I got to head out. Bye baby ill call you when practice is over. Cove I'm sure ill see you later. I'm glad you're here" jarred bids his goodbye.
"Bye baby." Amber kisses him goodbye and I just send a wave.
"I'll leave you to unpacking, we can order in food later once you're done" Amber says as she leaves the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for any typos or miss spellings. I'm on my phone trying to edit this