Status: Complete

Battle to the Sykes

The Path To Oliver Sykes

Shae slides the van door open and gets out. “Are you sure about this?” he asks Cinnamon. He watches Cinnamon and Hannah get out of the van.

“Yeah, I’ve got some money," Cinnamon responds, shrugging him off.

“If you’re sure,” mumbles Shae as he gets his backpack and closes the door. He and Hannah follow Cinnamon into the hotel walking behind him.

He walks funny. It’s like a bouncy walk; it’s weird.

They stand back while Cinnamon books a room. “This is pretty fancy,” says Shae quietly to Hannah.

She nods. It is. It’s been a long time since Hannah has been to a place like this. Hannah sees Cinnamon signalling them to come over so she and Shae follow him into the elevator.

“They only have rooms with two double beds. Someone’s sharin’,” says Cinnamon.

Shae looks over to Hannah. This is no way in hell he’s sharing a bed with Cinnamon.

They take the elevator and then walk to their room. Cinnamon unlocks the door and walks in first, Hannah and Shae follow him.

The room is nice.

Shae puts his backpack down and jumps onto one of the beds. “Damn, this bed is really soft!” he says, lying down on it.

Hannah walks over to the bed and lies down next to Shae. He’s right, the bed is really comfortable. By far the best thing they’ve slept on the whole journey.

Cinnamon sits down on the bed across from them. “We should get some shut eye. Prepare to leave tomorrow.”

--
Shae wakes up to the sound of water running. He can hear Hannah sleeping next to him so it must be Cinnamon taking a shower.

The water stops and a few seconds later Cinnamon comes out of the bathroom in a towel. Shae looks away. That’s not what he wants to see first thing in the morning, that strange dude almost naked.

“I didn’t realise you were up,” says Cinnamon quietly, probably so as not to wake Hannah. “I was gonna let the two of you sleep in but seein’ as you're awake you may as well start gettin’ ready to go,” he says.

Shae gets up quietly and walks to the bathroom so he can also take a shower. It will be nice to have hot water for once.

--
Sleeping in a nice hotel for a night had been refreshing but nothing will be as great as the feeling when Shae finally reaches Oliver. He zips up his bag and calls to Hannah. “Ready?”

Hannah opens to bathroom door. “Yep.”

--
“Come on. Let’s get you a new gun,” says Cinnamon as he walks past Shae, to his van. Shae follows him.

He’s still walking weird. He’s like slouched a little and bobbing as he walks. Shae stops thinking about it as Cinnamon hands him a gun.

“Thanks,” he mumbles.

Hannah walks up behind Shae. Cinnamon opens the van door for them and Hannah and Shae both climb into the back. Hannah wants to sit with Shae this time, Cinnamon is a bit off, nice, but strange.

--
They have been driving in silence for almost an hour. Shae is used to long car rides at this point.

Out of nowhere Cinnamon pulls into a fast-food restaurant. “We could use some food,” he says as he parks the car.

Shae looks over at Hannah. She shrugs and moves to get out of the car. Shae follows her.

They walk into the restaurant and order some food. Deciding to stay and eat they sit down at a table at the back of the restaurant. The place is pretty out of the way so there is only one other person eating.

--
Shae sits eating some fries and looking out the window for a while before he sees three cars pull up outside.

A group of girls get out talking and laughing as a group. The girls walk into the restaurant and order some food, sitting down two tables away from him, Hannah and Cinnamon.

The once quiet restaurant fills with the sound of the girls’ talk. The group of girls sit talking loudly for a few minutes before one of them looks over at Shae. Shae looks away awkwardly.

“I know you,” says the girl. Some of the other girls look over at them too.

“That’s the guy!” says one of the girls. “And the girl too!” she says.

Another one of the girls stands up. “They think they can have Oli!”

Shit, more fangirls.

Shae and Hannah both shoot up as half of the group of girls run towards them. Hannah pulls out her gun and shoots one of the fangirls. Shae watches as Cinnamon runs out of the restaurant.

The restaurant patrons not attacking them scream and duck under the tables and counter. Shae pulls out his new gun and shoots two more of the fangirls. The people under the tables scream loudly, again.

“This is not good,” says Hannah as she shoots at of the girls running at her, she misses. The girl jumps at Hannah pinning her on the table.

Shae aims his gun at the fangirl but then quickly decides against it. He can’t risk hitting Hannah. He grabs the fangirl by the shoulders and throws her halfway across the room. He quickly helps Hannah up and then turns back to the fangirl. He watches the fangirl run back towards them. Shae hears a series of shots and the girl falls, followed by the remaining two fangirls.

Hannah and Shae look over at the main entrance and see Cinnamon holding a shotgun.

“We needa’ go,” he says.