Status: Complete

Battle to the Sykes

They Do It For Oliver Sykes

Hannah leans her head against the window, breathing heavily.

Shae slides the door closed and quickly sits down next to Hannah.

Cinnamon starts the van and quickly drives away.

“I wasn’t expecting that,” says Shae quietly.

“Neither was I,” responds Hannah.

--
Hannah leans forward to speak to Cinnamon. “There are so many questions to ask you but I’m going to start with how long until we reach wherever you’re taking us?”

“Not sure,” says Cinnamon without taking his eyes off the road.

“I still don’t understand why you’re helping us,” continues Hannah.

“I like the idea of what you’re doing,” he says casually.

“So you come and risk your life for two strangers?”

“I really like the idea?” he offers.

Hannah sighs, there really is no point in trying to get sense out of the madman.

“Though I do wonder why too young people like you would throw away everything for something like this,” says Cinnamon.

Hannah knows why she’s doing it. She’s doing it for Oliver. “For Oliver Sykes,” she says truthfully.

“Damn, you people seem to really care for that guy.”

Shae snaps back into reality. He was daydreaming about being with Oliver. Having Oliver all to himself. He can hear Cinnamon and Hannah talking in front of him.

He turns around in his seat to look out the back window. There is very little to see. He sees a few trees, some industrial looking buildings and the red car behind them, nothing of interest.

Shae moves forward a row, to sit with Hannah. She smiles at him welcomingly.

--
“Are we sleeping in this van tonight?” asks Hannah as it starts getting dark.

“Nah, I’m pretty sure there’s a small motel here somewhere,” mumbles Cinnamon.

They spot the motel and Cinnamon pulls in and parks the car. Shae sees another car turn in after them. “How long has that red car been following us?”

Hannah turns around in her seat to see what he’s talking about. “That’s a good question. I remember seeing that car earlier.”

Both Shae and Hannah look over at Cinnamon. “Don’t ask me,” says Cinnamon. “Don’t worry about it, let’s go,” he says before opening the car door.

Shae looks back at the car, it is parked but no one is getting out. Cinnamon is walking towards the motel so Shae grabs his backpack and opens the door to get out. Hannah follows him. As they get out of the van, Shae sees the doors of the car fly open.

“Not more damn fangirls!” says Hannah.

The three fangirls run towards them and Shae and Hannah drop their backpacks to take them out quickly.

“Come on. Cinnamon will be waiting,” says Hannah as she picks up her stuff.