Status: Complete

Battle to the Sykes

Love For Oliver Sykes Never Dies

Hannah stands up, wiping some of the tears from her cheeks. Shae puts his arm around her and looks down at Cinnamon. He feels tears threatening. “Are you sure he's gone?” he asks softly.

Hannah nods and starts crying heavily again, holding Shae close to herself. Shae then starts crying too.

Hannah takes a series of deep breaths and moves away from Shae. “He said there’s something in the closet,” she says, as she moves past Shae.

Shae wipes the tears from his cheeks, follows Hannah into the guestroom and watches as the throws the closet doors open. The closet has nothing in it except a large trunk. Hannah falls down onto her knees and goes to open the trunk.

“Don’t,” says Shae. Hannah looks back at him. “There’s blood on your hands,” he explains softly.

Hannah looks down at her hands; sure enough they are covered in Cinnamon’s blood. It’s also all over her shirt and there’s some on her face too. She nods and moves aside so Shae can open the trunk.

He opens the lid and carefully pulls out what is inside. A sword. There’s another underneath. They’re beautiful. He holds it up to show Hannah, she gasps.

“What was Cinnamon doing with this?” says Shae in awe.

Hannah shakes her head. “Not a clue,” she pauses. “We should pack up what we can scavenge from here and leave before the ambulance shows up,” she says, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand.

--
Shae found a suitcase in Cinnamon’s bedroom and packed the swords and some basic supplies he found. “Are you ready?” he calls out to Hannah.

She walks out of the bathroom having cleaned the blood from her hands and face. She has also changed her shirt; the new one is too big for her. “It was Cinnamon’s,” she says sadly.

Shae nods and picks up the suitcase and his backpack. “Come on,” he mumbles as he walks to the living room. He tries not to look at Cinnamon’s body.

Hannah runs past Cinnamon’s body, without looking at it and grabs his keys from the counter before picking up her backpack and rushing out of the house. “We have to take his van,” she says to Shae once they are outside.

Shae dumps the stuff into the back of the van as Hannah gets into the driver’s seat. Shae then runs to the passenger seat and Hannah drives away quickly. It’s not right seeing Hannah drive the van. Cinnamon always drove. Shae leans back in the seat.

“We would have died if not for him. We would have been killed back at that gas station,” says Hannah.

Shae nods. “Now we have to get to Oliver. He gave his life to help us get there and now we have to, for him.”

Hannah knows Shae is right. Now there are two reasons to get to Oliver: their undying passionate love for him and Cinnamon’s dying wish.