Status: Complete

Battle to the Sykes

Determined to Reach Oliver Sykes

Shae and Hannah drive in silence for hours, thinking of Cinnamon and Oliver Sykes. Once it gets dark they pull into a small motel.

“Cinnamon’s plane leaves tomorrow, so we have to leave early to drive to the airport,” says Hannah as she parks the car.

Shae nods.

--
Shae is shaken awake.

“Come on,” says Hannah. “We should leave. We’re not missing this plane.”

Shae looks around the room. “It’s still dark out,” he says, tiredly, as he buries his face into the pillow.

Hannah rolls him back over so he’s facing her again. “Come on, Shae."

Hannah eventually manages to drag Shae out of bed and they pack up their belongings and load into the van. Shae climbs into the passenger seat of the van. “What! It’s barely six AM!” he says as Hannah gets into the van.

She doesn’t respond.

As Hannah starts the car Shae turns on the stereo and takes a deep breath, relaxing to the sound of Bring Me The Horizon.

--
Hannah and Shae drive to the airport in just over three hours, Hannah drives to the back of the airport and sees a small private jet.

“Do you think that’s ours?” asks Shae, turning down the music.

Hannah pulls up next to the jet. “I guess so,” she shrugs.

Shae and Hannah both get out of the van and are approached by a man in a suit. “Are you Shae and Hannah?” asks the man.

“That’s us,” says Hannah, she walks over to the man and shakes his hand.

Shae takes their backpacks and the suitcase from the van.

The man smiles at Hannah. “My name is Sheldon,” he says. “I went to school with your friend Cinnamon. Just for the record I’m doing this for old time’s sake, not for you guys. I don’t want to know what you guys are getting up to. Okay?” Hannah raises an eyebrow. “I have an internet connection. I know who both of you are and what you’ve been up to. I’m not going down for any of the shit you two have been up to, understand?” explains Sheldon, in a clear and serious tone.

Hannah nods. “I understand.”

“If anyone asks, we never met you,” says Shae as he walks up behind Hannah.

“Alright then,” says Sheldon. “Welcome to my jet.” He steps aside to let them both board. “Do I want to know what’s in the bag?” asks Sheldon as Shae walks past him, carrying all the luggage.

Shae shakes his head. “No. No, you do not.”

Sheldon nods. “Okay then. Next stop, London Heathrow,” he says.

“Next stop Oliver Sykes,” says Shae, under his breath as he moves to take a seat and prepare for take off.