Status: Complete

Battle to the Sykes

So Close To Oliver Sykes

Sheldon has been in the cockpit since the start of the flight, presumably talking to the captain, so Hannah and Shae haven’t had to talk to him. Two hours into the flight Shae leans over and speaks quietly to Hannah. “He has no idea about Cinnamon, does he?” he says.

Hannah shakes her head. “I don’t think so. Why would he?”

“Should we tell him?”

“I don’t want to,” says Hannah.

Shae nods in agreement. “Only if he asks?”

“Yeah, only if he asks.”

Shae goes back to leaning his head on the window. He knows he’s pretty close to Oliver now. It’s been weeks since they first, briefly, met. He can’t wait to see him again. He just knows he’s going to cry, Hannah probably will too.

Hannah also gets lost in thought. She knows that there will probably be more fangirls to defeat when they arrive. She’s been enjoying the break from fighting. She also knows they are ridiculously close to Oliver now. He’s all she wants.

--
“We’ll be landing very soon,” says Sheldon, waking both Shae and Hannah. Shae sits up in his chair and stretches.

“You ready?” murmurs Hannah, to Shae.

Shae nods. He’s never been more ready.

After less than twenty minutes they are on the ground. “I’ll drive you guys to London city centre but from there you need to find your own way,” says Sheldon as Hannah and Shae get up.

“That’s fine,” says Hannah. “Thank you.”

Sheldon smiles at her. “Don’t mention it. Now come on, I have a meeting in just over an hour and it’s a long drive.”

Shae and Hannah take their bags and follow Sheldon to a fancy looking black car. Sheldon helps Shae put the bags in the back before they all get into the back seat. As soon as Shae closes the door the driver starts taking them to where ever they’re going. Shae is sitting between Hannah and Sheldon.

“What’s the plan from here?” he says quietly to Hannah.

Hannah smiles faintly. “Oliver is playing a show tonight. Starting at seven thirty," she tells him. “What time is it here, now?” Hannah asks Sheldon.

“About ten a.m.,” he says.

“We have to kill a few hours,” says Shae.

--
After almost an hour of driving the car stops.

“This is the end of the road guys,” says Sheldon. “You’re on your own now. Good luck with everything, I hope it works out.”

They all get out of the car and Shae and Hannah take it in turns hugging and thanking Sheldon before they get their belonging from the car and Sheldon walks into one of the buildings, leaving them alone once again.