Status: Complete

Battle to the Sykes

Oliver's Still Far Away

Shae walks back to the car. The hood is getting pretty dented at this point but the car is still working fine so he doesn’t really care.

He puts his backpack in the back seat and climbs into the passenger seat, next to Hannah. She starts the car and they pull out of the parking lot.

Shae and Hannah have been on the U.S. streets for over a week.

Oliver left America a while ago. Shae and Hannah have decided to drive across the country and then follow him to the U.K., at which point they hope that they will have defeated enough of the fangirls to claim Oliver Sykes as their own.

Spending all of his time with Hannah has helped Shae warm up to the idea of sharing Oli with her. At first it seemed like a nightmare, but now it doesn’t seem so bad. It’s not ideal and he would rather have Oliver to himself but if he has to share him with someone he's happy it's Hannah.

He hopes Hannah feels the same way.

--
It’s really late; in fact the sun will probably be up soon. Everything around them looks deserted.

Out of nowhere Hannah gets an idea.

It takes her a while to find where she is looking for but after a while, she pulls up to a venue. There is no one around and the building looks locked up tight.

She wakes up Shae, who was quietly sleeping next to her and gets out of the car.

“Where are we?” asks Shae, as he gets out. He sounds tired.

Hannah walks around the side of the building and to the back door. It’s locked, as expected. She looks up and sees a window at the top of the door. “Do you think we could get up there?” she asks.

Shae looks up and sees the window that Hannah is looking at. “Maybe. You didn’t answer my question,” responds Shae.

Hannah ignores him. “Boost me up,” she says. Shae does as he’s told and moves to lift Hannah up to the window. Hannah pushes the small window open and pulls herself through it, jumping down onto the floor. She then unlocks the door from the inside for Shae.

Shae walks in and looks around, the place looks familiar. Hannah walks further into the building and Shae follows her.

They are both being quiet but it doesn’t seem like there is anyone around anyway.

Once Shae sees the stage he recognizes the place instantly. This is one of the venues Oliver played during the American tour that just ended. He remembers seeing pictures of this show online before all of this happened.

Shae runs to the stage and pulls himself up. Oliver has sung on this very stage.

Shae falls to his knees, overcome with emotion. He hears Hannah pull herself up onto the stage too he looks up at her, tears clouding his vision. Hannah looks like she is close to tears too.

“I though it might do us some good to see this, so we remember what we are fighting for.”

Shae nods. It did help seeing this. Oliver is still far away but he’s getting there.