Status: Complete

Battle to the Sykes

Shae and Hannah Will Reach Oliver Sykes

“Shae!”

Shae wakes up with a start to the sound of his own name. He looks out the window of the car and sees Hannah being attacked by three fangirls.

“Oh, geez,” he says. Shae takes off his seatbelt and opens the glove compartment to get his gun. He’s only had to fire it a few times but it’s proven to be very useful.

Shae gets out of the car as quickly as possible and aims the gun at one of the fangirls. He fires and kills her. Shae is a surprisingly good shot. He shoots the second fangirl and then watches as Hannah takes out the last one.

Hannah runs over to Shae. “Nice. Thanks for saving my ass.”

Shae smiles. It’s nice being better at something than Hannah is.

Hannah and Shae get back in the car and Hannah starts driving away.

“Can I drive at some point?” asks Shae as he puts his gun back.

Hannah chuckles softly. “You barely know how to drive.”

“I’ll mange,” he says, slightly embarrassed.

Hannah smiles at him. “You’re not driving,” she says.

Shae drops it. Hannah’s probably right; they’re in enough danger as it is. He just wishes he could be a little more in control but they should really stick to what they're good at.

--
Hannah pulls into a motel. She’s getting pretty sick of sleeping on such cheap mattresses but it better than sleeping in the car.

The two get out of the car and pay for a room for the night. Once in the room Shae dumps his stuff and sits down on one of the beds. “What are we going to do if we do reach the other side of the country?” he asks.

“I’m working on it,” says Hannah. “Hopefully we can get our hands on another boat.”

Hannah got them this far, she’s sure she can get them the rest of the way. She pulls the map from her backpack and looks over it. Judging from how long it took them to get to where they are now, Hannah thinks they can get to the ocean in about a week, maybe a little more.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, they have guns now

i hope you like the new banner, complete with pictures of the real life Hannah and Shae! i'm quite proud of it honestly