To Break Free

Chapter Three

On the morning of the first day of school, Riley had trouble waking up on time. Sure, she was used to the two hour time difference between California and Texas, but she was dreading starting a new school, being surrounded by all of the new faces. A part of her hoped that she would see Aiden. But another part of her sensed something off about him. He seemed kind of pushy. She wasn't sure.

Riley arrived at the school building a few moments early, just early enough for her to stop at her locker. She had gotten her schedule and locker a few days previous. When she recieved her schedule she decided to find her classes so that she would be prepared on her first day. She just hoped that she could find her classes.

Though Riley made it to her locker without much difficulty, she was lost when it came to finding her class. The halls and doors had all blended together, and she couldn't remember where in the school the Psychology room was located. The bell rang, meaning that she was late to class. She could only hope that the teacher would understand. The hall was empty; everyone had already gone to class. She opted to wander around the building in search of the room.

After a few moments she was interrupted by a somewhat familiar voice.

"So you do live here. Need some help?" Aiden. Of course he had found her. Not that she was hiding. She was actually kind of grateful that he was there.

"U-uh, yeah, I-I can't find my, uh, class."

He showed her to her class and even kissed her cheek before leaving. That had made her blush crazily. She wasn't sure why though; she didn't even like him.

She had worried that she would make him late for his class, but he'd told her not to worry, he would find an excuse.

After Riley's trouble finding her first class, Aiden had waited for her outside the classroom and walked her to each class the rest of the day. It was sweet, but she couldn't understand why he would be so nice.

While Riley was at her locker after school ended, a girl approached her. She looked kind, but nosey. Riley was nervous.

After looking at Riley for a moment, the girl spoke: "You're new, right? I'm Shayla."

Riley struggled to meet the girls eyes, "I, uh, I'm Riley. Yeah. I'm new."

Shayla smiled. "Anyway, I saw you with Aiden. Are you dating him?"

Riley blushed, staring intently at the tile in front of the other girl's feet. "N-no, he was just... he was h-helping me find, uh, my classes." She silently cursed herself for being so awkward.

"Okay," said Shayla, "good. He's bad news, Riley. You shouldn't date him." Riley had no idea what to say, but she didn't need to say anything. Shayla left and Riley was left wondering what the girl could have meant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm, I think I like this story, I'm not sure. Some feedback?