Shake Me Down

Mariah Darley was assigned to the U.S.S Chicago as a graduate from Starfleet Academy. For years, she served under Captain Mills and ventured to the edges of space with the crew. She never felt like she fit, or even made a connection with her crew members. It was just business for everyone and for a Linguist, she wanted to speak. She was never heard, her sassy attitude seen as rudeness. She stayed silent until the day she needed to be heard the most.

"Dammit! I told you to get out of here!" He yelled, blood seeping through his uniform as he tried to apply pressure. She shook her head as she knelt beside him, digging in his medical bag as the blasts shook the hospital on the foreign plant.

"I'm not leaving you here." She said, grabbing gauze and apply pressure with her hands. He glared hard at her as she tried her to best to tend to his wounds. He coughed and groaned, struggling to get his communicator.

"Beam her up....Now!" He demaned. She yanked the communicator out of his hands and put her hand to his forehead. He was getting feverish.

"If you beam me up now, he dies! I'm not leaving him!" She snapped, closing it and shoving it into the bag. "I won't let you die. I'm not going anywhere without you." She looked at his paling face with worry. He stared back at her and suddenly, he gripped her arm with what little strength he had.

"I can't let you get hurt for me." he said, his eyes pleading for her to flee to safety.

"Don't make me knock you out, Leonard. I'm going to get us out of here, even if it takes my last breath..."