Status: Co-Write <3

Change My Mind

I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In

Two Weeks Ago

Ashley knocked on the door of the house, tapping her foot impatiently. She could already hear the loud dance music blaring from the stereo. Then again, she knew that her friend had been a one for wild parties.

The wind was blowing very slowly, and the night was dark, with a new moon, but bright stars were glimmering, making the sky luminous. Patricia's house was the only house on her neighborhood that was actually owned, since it was quite an empty town. But she knew Patricia was a socialite, and she knew tons of people, famous, popular, whatever the hell they were. Big upside to being her friend.

The door creeked open a red-head with bright brown eyes grinned. "Hey! Look who's here, the Purple Ocean, everyone," she exclaimed, giggling.

Ashley giggled. Patricia had always called her "Purple Ocean" because of her purple-blue hair which to Patricia was "beautiful," but Ash doubted it.

"Aha, I'm here! Let me in!"

Patricia swung the door open and let her through, closing the door. Ashley looked around at her surroundings. The living room had sofas pushed to the very back of the wall so there was a wide space for the people who were dancing to the stereo. Some were even grinding on each other. The kitchen had become a bar, and the strong smell of alcohol was already lingering in the air.

Another big upside to parents who spent their lives traveling.

Ashley turned around to see a girl and boy having a heated make-out, walking towards a room. Some people were a bit drunk and slurring on words, walking around in circles like lost people.

"Well this looks like a crapload of fun," she shouted.

Some people shouted "Woo!" and clapped at her statement.

Ashley walked to the bar and grabbed a bottle of wine with no alcohol. The last thing she wanted was the smell of alcohol in her breath, or walking home drunk and having her parents suspecting what she was doing.

A boy with tan skin and black hair walked up. "Hey everyone," he shouted. "Let's play Seven Minutes in Heaven!"

Ash shrugged and joined everyone in on clapping. The game was a bit fun, and it would be nice to have seven minutes with a sexy guy, at least...hopefully he was sexy.

About to walk to the crowd of people surrounding the closet, she spotted a boy. He had chocolate brown hair in the shape of a quiff. His eyes were a green she had never seen before, a mesmerizing emerald. Smiling, Ash noticed his two perfectly placed dimples. She noticed tattoos showing on both his arms, visible because of the tank he decided to wear. She recognized him immediately as Harry Styles from the band One Direction, the band she really didn't care a lot about.

What? They were just normal boys.

All she could remember was the Harry Styles she knew and hated since the beginning of time.

She walked towards the crowd and bumped into someone. "Watch where you're going. Fool," someone spat in a British accent.

She looked up to see Harry Styles. Ash rolled her eyes. "Why don't you watch your tone, superstar?"
He glared at her and she smirked, knowing she won.

After waiting about ten minutes and seeing people come out with messed up hair, and grins on their faces, it was her turn. They pushed her blindfolded into the closet. When she took off the blindfold, she was staring at Harry Styles.

Again.

She groaned. "You're fucking kidding me," she exclaimed.

"What," he asked. "Like you wouldn't be fangirling to see me."

"Not everyone's a fan, bitch," she mumbled.

"Oh a feisty one," he grumbled, rolling his eyes.

"I'm not even going to touch you, let alone have 'Seven Minutes in Heaven' with you, more like 'Seven Minutes in Hell,'" she sassed.

Harry shot her a glare. "Can't you just let it go? That was literally 5 years ago! And you know I didn't cheat, she made the move on me!"

"Whatever makes you happy, manwhore," she spat.

They stayed with their backs facing each other. A minute passed, and they both turned around. Harry gripped her waist and crashed his lips onto hers.

"I fucking hate you already," Ash grumbled, kissing him back.

He groaned under the kiss. "And I hate you even more, bitch," Harry spat, kissing her roughly, biting her lip.

She clutched his hair and it continued for a minute before she realized what she was doing.

"Damn it, you little cunt, how dare you kiss me," she yelled.

"You were doing it too."

"I still hate you," Ashley spat at his face.

Through her eyes, she could still see the hatred in Styles's eyes. "And I hate you even fucking more, so you know."

The anger fumed in her, but she hid it, turning around. When seven minutes were up and they opened the door, she stormed outside of the closet, walking to the kitchen.

She grabbed another cup of grape wine and chugged it all down quickly, repeating the process continiously. Patricia walked in the kitchen and pat her back.

"What the hell happened in there? You were yelling at each other like you were enemies since Kindergarten!"

"I hate that fucking popstar, Styles. And all he did was sass at me, and I already knew he was trouble."

"Are you quoting Taylor Swift now or something?"

"I'm not," Ashley exclaimed. "I just hate him, and I don't know why. And he sure acted like a fucking idiot in there."

She sighed. "He's great once you get to know him, give him a chance."

"Yeah, I'll give him a chance when pigs fucking fly. Call me when that happens."

Patricia laughed. "You curse a lot, Ash."

She laughed back with her, letting her anger loose. "I know I do."

After laughing it off, she sighed again. "Look, I used to know him, and we used to date five years ago...and, he cheated on me. I tried to forget about him, and how much I hated him for it...it's hard to explain. Sorry."

Patricia nodded and gave her a pat on the back.

We continued talking and laughing and the night went on, slowly but quickly at the same time. And even though I tried my hardest to avoid that curly idiot, I could feel his eyes piercing holes at my back as he stared at me the whole night through.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, Jess here!
So this is the first chapter, introducing you to the lovely Ash, who probably doesn't seem so lovely in this chapter. Lmfao, trust me, you'll love her later xD (She just has anger/hatred issues...Shhh, it's okay xD)
I'm excited for this, I think it'll be different from all the crappy, cliché writing I do...
This is short. I know. It's supposed to be like a prologue but a little longer. I'm sorry, DON'T KILL ME!
But anyways, I hope you guys really enjoy this, and recommend, comment, and subscribe, it would mean so much!
Sorry for so much cursing between Harry, Ash, and everyone else...they're enemies, come on, you had to see that coming...