Status: WIP

Thank God I'm Pretty.

Seriously?

My first period was Geometry with Mr. Lempski. Jessica and Britney were the only girls from my clique that had this class with me on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. As Mr. Lempski rattled on and on about some formula to figure out a math problem, I quietly texted the girls.

OMG joseph is so boring

Jessica knew all our teachers on a first name basis on account that her mom was the principal. Though most people might think that we would have to work harder, it was actually just about the opposite. Jessica being the principal’s daughter came with advantages. However, she also had the unfortunate plague of a habit of being into teachers and other older men. Ew.

I snickered. “ikr? as if this stuff didnt already put me to sleep. ;)” I sighed and rested my head on my desk, letting my eyes rest. A few minutes went by and I ignored the quiet buzz of my phone that notified me of every text reply. I looked up as Mr. Lempski began to assign the day’s homework and pass out the sheets. I looked over mine a moment before disgust came across my face.

Moments later, the bell rang and the class began to file out the door. When I got out, I walked over to the quiet and small group that was the nerds. I held my homework sheet as far away as my arm could get it and waved it, “Alright, nerds, who’s going to do my homework today?” They looked at each other quietly then to the floor. I sighed impatiently before reaching into my bag, “Five bucks added to the usual fifteen to whoever does it.” I pulled out a twenty dollar bill and held it with my homework. A boy quickly reached out and pulled the sheet, and cash, from my hand. A look of disgust came over my face and, as I walked away, I pulled out a bottle of hand sanitizer and squirted some onto my hands.

Second period, I walked into the English class. I sat at my desk beside Britney, the two of us instantly emerging into a discussion of how cute each other’s outfit was and how our hair was perfect. Mrs. Lawson called the class to sit and quiet down before starting to talk about the last book we had read. I tuned out her words and focused on quietly talking to Brit until I heard those words: “our next assignment is a couple’s project, so partner up!” I turned with a smile to Britney, who looked at me a moment before hanging her head and looking pointedly at a girl sitting behind us.

I need a good grade or mother won’t let me go to Miami for Spring Break.” She pouted and looked back at her partner, one of the smartest girls on our grade, a dorky looking girl with a bland, straight haircut and thick glasses. “But, let me tell you, I would much rather be with you, Ashley,” she said, not even bothering to lower her voice as she eyed the girl with a disgusted sneer.

I sighed and nodded. My mom had said the same thing, so I looked around the room at my decreasing choices of a partner. If I couldn’t be with my friend, I needed someone smart. Well, Kline was sort of a smart jock, and he was definitely good looking. Ugh, he has a partner. I watched as my partners decreased until my eyes fell upon the emo boy that had dragged my new arch nemesis away this morning. “Oh no. No, no, no,” I muttered as I noticed he was the only other one without a partner.

Mrs. Lawson looked between us, seeming to read my mind, and smiled. “Motley, switch seats with Britney until the project is over.” He looked over at me with wide, startled eyes as I glared hard at him. He looked quickly at the floor and bit his pierced lip. “Motley, is there a problem?

Finally, he reluctantly grabbed his bag, dragging it across the dirty floor, and switched seats with my friend. I glared at him the entire time. How could I get paired with an emo? I could tolerate a nerd, but an EMO? UGH, gross! He looked at me for a minute before hanging his head until a curtain of his black hair hid his face.

Alright, class, I want you and your partner to find a movie or tv show about something you both find interesting. Based on the movie, I want you both to create a short skit or scene. You have two weeks to complete and turn in your assignment.

I sighed in aggravation. What could I possibly have in common with an emo? We came from two totally different corners of the universe, how could we have some sort of common experiences!?

So, uhm, I guess we should try to, uh, find something to write about?” He peeked at me through his hair and chewed on his lip ring, his eyes darting around so they didn't rest on me for more than a few seconds at a time.

I sneered in disgust as I eyed his lip ring. “Okay, number one, ew! If I’m gonna have to look at you for the next two weeks until Britney gets her place back, I don’t want to have see those, those... things, in your face!” I shook my head and sneered again, wondering why anyone would ever do that. “Number two, you pick, because you’re the one writing it.

He lifted his head slightly before giving me a look, a combination of shock and confusion and annoyance. “I’m not doing the whole project. We’re partnered for a reason, so you have to help. If you don’t do your part, I’m not gonna do mine.” Though what he was saying was probably supposed to sound threatening or intimidating, he could barely saw while looking at me. He looked down for a second, not looking at me at all. “And I guess I can put in the retainers; they’re clear,” he muttered quietly.

I scoffed and crossed my arms, looking straight ahead. I could not believe this was actually happening; I couldn’t believe I was stuck with metal face emo boy as a partner and he was refusing to do the project unless I helped. I glared out the window, tapping my fingers on my arm. “Whatever,” I growled.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter two. woot woot? still not sure about this story, but it's not bad thus far.

what do you all think?

commet, sub, rec?