Status: completed

The Zodiac Riddle

the riddle

Walk straight north following the Aries constellation,

Look for Taurus when you reach the forest of diversion.

Beware of Gemini the most ambiguous sign

Two roads it will offer take the one that Cancer hides

The lion will lead you to the Virgin who gives help

Remember to be kind to both Leo and Virgo as well

For the justice sign will judge you with it’s wrath

If you survive the cave of Libra you’ll find wisdom in your path

Scorpio always devious will trick you into death

Let’s hope you follow southward into the Centaur’s den.

Sagittarius loyal guide will send his arrow flying north

Two days until your journey directs you to the Goat

Aquarius and Pisces will be your final choice

The real worth of the voyage will be finding your own voice

Never forget our hearts beat as the same

We love you with our souls, Catherine be safe.

this was the riddle I’d found hidden in the stuffing of my childhood bunny, the road map had been messy, tiny dots connecting others in one side as if mapping the sky and on the other, the riddle scrawled in a brownish ink almost gave me a headache to decipher, but it was the only thing I had that connected me to my past, and I knew I had no choice but to follow it into whatever dangers it was sure to lead me.

After all, I’d been sequestered in that tower without leaving since I was eight, under the care of sister Mary, not knowing who I was, where I came from, or why nobody ever came for me after the war, the only thing I had, was a stuffed bunny that the nuns claimed I was hugging when whoever left me, knocked on their door.

I’d been so frightened then, and they had taken me in and raised me as if I where one of their own, I was grateful, but now Sister Mary, was dead, and the rest of the nuns long gone.

For the first time, I was alone.

So I needed to do this for myself, whoever wrote the note loved me, whoever wrote that, wanted me to have it, and it was scary, I was really frightened, but someone out there knew who I was, and perhaps if I followed that riddle with the star map, then maybe my questions would be answered.

Anything was better than not knowing.

Thus with nothing more than a knapsack with necessities, my own clothing and a spare blanket, I set foot out of the village and into the world, closing my eyes and praying for strength.

Hoping to find what I was looking for.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and tell me should I continue?.