Status: Please let me know what you think. :3

Emerald Eyes (Kaichou wa Maid-sama Fanfiction)

One

Usui wasn't answering my phone calls. "Dammit!" I snap my phone shut. He answers me. I really need to tell him. I clutch my stomach with my right hand. "Stupid perverted outer space alien." I smile down at where my hand is at. I call him once more, but he still doesn't answer. I give up on calling him and settle on eating vanilla ice cream, because that's what I'm craving.

Finally, after waiting for hours, Usui calls me back. "Hello?" I answer my phone. I hope he doesn't realize how terrified I am. I'm more a mixture of being excited and being scared out of my wits.

"Hey Ayuzawa, I've wanted to talk to you all day but I was busy." Usui sounded so nonchalant, as usual.

"Me too, I have some exciting news." I feel my face heat up, and I rub my belly. He's not even here and I'm blushing. Takumi will be happy, won't he? I smile looking at my belly.

"Well, what I have to tell you is important..." I heard him take a deep breath. "I think we should break up." What he says hits me like a freight train.

I feel like I'm about to throw up or something. He's not being serious, is he? "W-what?" I can tell my eyes are swelling up with tears.

"I'm being completely serious, Ayuzawa." I hear someone call Usui's name in the background. "I have to go, goodbye." And Usui hung up on me without telling me why.

I hug myself and cry. "N-no! Stupid, idiot, Usui! I hate you!" I scream.

I rub my eyes and sit up in my bed. I lay my hand in the empty spot next to me. It's been empty for five years now. I get up out of bed and turn on the light. I have to get dressed, make Kai an bento, get him up, take him to school and then go to work. I don't have a specific uniform to wear to work, so I stick with tan slacks and a white button-up shirt. I got into the small-modern kitchen we have. I begin to make onigiri for Kai's lunch. Then I go on to vegetables, meat and apples. After I'm done, I wake up Kai and get him dressed for elementary. He's not really excited to go to school, but he's not resisting either. He eats a bowl of rice and Miso soup for breakfast. I eat some too, since I probably need the strength. Kai doesn't talk about his friends, school ro anything really, he's really quiet about most thing's except when he just finished playing around outside. He gets excited to play at the park, drawing, cats and seeing me too. He is really an odd kid, but by his eyes and his hair... His is defiantly related to me and Usui.

When we're done with breakfast, Kai grabs his bag and his bento and we go to his school. He holds my hand as we walk. Kai's hand is tiny, but it grips mine tightly and it fits in mine as if it belongs there. "I heard there's a sports day coming up." Kai doesn't say anything, he just keeps walking with me. I guess he's not really excited for it. He really is Usui's son, isn't he? I smile at him.

I leave Kai at the gate and watch as he enters before I leave. He walks in alone, as the other kids meet up with their friends. He really is just like Usui. I hope he doesn't grow up to be a perverted outer space alien. My walk to work is short, it's close to Kai's elementary. My boss is busy in his office and I go to my desk. I work inside an office building as an call-talker.

When work is done, I just go pick up Kai and go home as usual. My mom picks Kai up after school. So I don't have to worry about going there, so I just get him and go home. My mom still lives at the same house I grew up at, but now dad lives there too. Suzuna had moved out, and moved in with Hinata. Where all I live with is Kai, in an apartment that I started renting after I left Usui's apartment. I don't think I've heard from him since that phone call. Kai goes into the kitchen, get's out what he wants for dinner. As usual, he helps me make it. And he's as skilled as his father is at everything he does.

Kai even helps me clean up after dinner. "Thank you." I hug him and kiss his head. He squirms away from me and looks up at me. "How come I don't have a father like other kids do?"

I just look down at Kai, why would he ask this now? "Because your dad didn't want to be with me anymore." I look down at the dishes I'm washing. I can't cry, not now, not in front of Kai. I have to be strong.

"But other people have met their dad's." Kai points out.

I grip the plate in my hand hard, like it's about to shatter. "Kai, I'm sorry..." Was all I could say. It's all my fault.

Kai goes to sleep shortly after dinner, so I take the chance to call my mom. I asked her earlier on how I should talk to Usui about Kai, because Kai will be turning six soon enough... And I don't think I can continue this without Usui. Kai will eventually need something from him.

"Ah sorry, Misa-chan. I was just talking to Suzuna." My mom answers the phone.

"It's okay. So what do you think I should do?" I hold my phone to my ear.

"Suzuna thinks she found his parents, they apparently live in a really nice neighborhood." She told me.

His parents? The Walker's or the Usui's? "Really?" I can't seem too ungrateful, so I don't think I should ask that.

"Yeah, come over tomorrow and eat dinner. Suzuna will be over too, she said she'll tell you." My mom sounds pleased.

'Okay, sure."

"Here's the address." Suzuna slips the paper to me over the table.

"Thanks." I glance at the paper and then tuck it in my pocket. They don't live as far as I thought they did.

"Kai has gotten so big!" My sister exclaimed.

I smile slightly at her. "Yeah, so how are you and Shintani?" Calling him Hinata still feels weird.

Suzuna looks like a younger version of myself, but we're nothing alike. Our faces are differently shaped. Her black hair is straight and dangling on her shoulders. And her fashion-sense is very girly. She wears tight-fitting jeans, loose floral shirts, and cute flats. She lucky she has Hinata by her side.

"Good." Suzuna blushed and looked down at her hands in her lap.

I smile and look out the window, Kai is playing with Hinata. "He's really good with kids." I state. It's probably because he's so childish. "He'll be a good father someday."

"Yeah, I know. He really loves kids too." I can hear the smile in her voice.

Shintani chases Kai around the yard, so I hear Kai squeal . Kai loves it when he's with Hinata. Maybe it's because Hinata's one-of the only males to actually give him any attention. Shintani looks similar to as he did in high school. He has the same hairstyle, just as tall, same childish face and usually is supporting a sporty-outfit.

Kai and I go home after dinner, he talks about how much fun he had playing outside. He really likes Shintani, which is surprising because Usui wasn't exactly fond of him. And Kai is his father's son. When we get home, I help Kai with reading. He's excited because he's the one reading to me. He's very proud of himself. Usui, I'm glad I have Kai.

Kai finished the books and he goes in his room to play. I flip through a magazine, thinking of what to buy for Kai since his birthday is coming soon. He really loves animals, so maybe we should get a cat or something. He loves it when he gets to play with the neighborhood strays. He should also get something else too, and I should say it's from Usui. He probably thinks he hates him and it's all my fault. I don't see how it's possible to hate someone who's your own flesh and blood.

I'm awaken by an alarm on my phone, going off. I must have fell asleep on the couch. I get up, shower and rub my eyes 'cause I'm not exactly awake yet. Kai is still asleep and I don't think I have time to make an bento, hopefully onigiri will suffice.

I dry my hair and get dressed. It's a similar outfit to what I wear everyday, but it's with a knee-length pencil skirt. It's a present from Sakura after I landed my office job. She was so happy for me, and I was happy because I could finally support Kai to at least have some-stuff he wanted. But of course, if Usui was still here he'd have everything.

I slap myself with both hands, I can't keep thinking of him. It's the past, and Kai is my future. How can I expect to have a future if I keep reveling in the past? Even if Kai is partly related to Usui, he's still mine and I have to protect him. I usually think of him when Kai's birthday is about to pass by, I need to stop. He's not here and he will never be here.

"Kai, get up." I shake Kai awake. He scratches his head and sits up. His green eyes analyze me and tell me he's sleepy. I kiss his forehead. Guy's irritate me, but Kai is my little prince.
♠ ♠ ♠
As you know, the manga is due to end in three chapters. So I'm really sad about it. However I decided to write a fanfiction about it so if it ends on a different note then I'm sorry. I'm trying to roleplay, watch a child and keep liquids away from my laptop. So forgive me. This is the second time I've written it, so I hope it's better than the first. If you like it, please like it(or whatever it is on this site o_o) and comment on it. It's the first fanfiction I've written, but second time I've rewritten it. The picture on the side is a picture of Ayuzawa Misaki ~ (Yes, it's one when she was younger, but I thought it looked a little more mature because she's only 5 years older.) ~ If I mess up anywhere in my fanfiction please forgive me. :3 I'm typing this without editing it.