‹ Prequel: Silent Screams
Status: Oneshot/Complete/Finished

Ruining You

Ruining Him 1/1

Image

When I first met him, he was hurt, lost, and scared due to an emotionally scarring experience. We started off as friends and after a while we fell in love. I remember him smiling every day and telling me how much he loved me. One day I had come back from work to find him in the kitchen, cooking for me. There was champagne on the table and the steak smelled nicely making my stomach growl. It was the sweetest and most romantic thing a guy had done for me since I was a teenager…but that only lasted for a year. Later on I learned though, that life was no fairy-tale.

‘’You don’t have a problem with my friends staying over, do you honey?’’ He asked me with a smile plastered on his handsome face. How could I ever say no to these shining with love, light blue eyes?

‘’I don’t. They can stay for however much they want.’’ I smiled at him and he came to the other side of the kitchen where I was washing the dishes. His hands wrapped around my waist and he rested his head beside my neck.

‘’You are the best woman I could have ever found or asked for,’’ he stated and I have to admit I blushed that night. I knew he could see my light pink cheeks but I didn’t care. I loved him too much to care about the redness of them. The only thing I cared about was to make him happy and stay by his side always. I guess that’s what it feels like being in love.

Everything was going well for us and Tristan never complained about anything. If I was in his shoes, I would complain. Jealousy ate my small heart whenever his eyes met another young woman’s. I knew from the start that I shouldn’t have expected too much from him, seeing as I was older by seven years, but my heart said otherwise. I fell so deeply in love with him and forgot all about his age and what he would look for in a few years. I believed in him and he betrayed me in the worst way possible.

A few months later, we decided to get married. I thought I had found in him, the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I thought he loved me as much as I did, otherwise why did he propose to me in the first place? In two days, I was supposed to be a married woman.

I was foolish to think I would surprise him by going to his apartment early in the morning and before going to work. In the end, he surprised me. I remember walking on the streets towards his house with a smile all over my face. It was one of the days I was happy to go to work and seat inside that boring office. Once I reached his apartment’s door, I took the key out of my bag and opened the door. I smiled practically to myself as I closed the door behind me and took small, silent steps to his bedroom. My man must still be sleeping, was what I thought.

I opened the door and the scene before my eyes, broke my heart to million pieces. He was sleeping naked and a naked girl was in his arms. She looked no more than twenty with slender body and dark brown hair. He was sleeping peacefully, not even a sign of guilt on his face…but he was asleep, so he couldn’t have shown me his guilt. As much as I wanted to hurt her and yell at him, I bottled it up and left with pride.

I went to my work place and tried to keep all the thoughts that were driving me crazy out of my head and my feelings closed inside the back of my heart. When I couldn’t take it anymore, I threw his keys in the trashcan and decided on changing the locks to my house right after work. I didn’t message him or call him or anything like that.

Eight hours later, I broke down in the coffee shop near his house and my work place. I couldn’t hold back my tears or the pain in my heart. I should have never fallen in love, was one of the many thoughts swirling around in my head. I should have never thought of marrying a young man whose head was in alcohol and holes of everything that walked with two feet. I was stronger than that though. I had to keep my head up high and forget all about him. I did nothing to be ashamed of. He was the one who should feel ashamed.

In the next few hours I got angry with myself. The locks were already changed in my house but Tristan still had the car I bought him for his birthday, one month ago. I knew how much he liked his car, so that would be my revenge on him. By ruining his car, I would ruin him.

I went home and looked around in the house for the black spray I had bought and when I found it, I took off to his house. When I reached there, I spotted his car and sprayed all over it, writing things I meant to say from the moment I saw him on bed with her.

What I wasn’t expecting was his attitude when he called me later on saying, ‘’you didn’t have to do that just because I cheated on you once or twice. And to your information, yes, the pussy was too good. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.’’

‘’Go fuck yourself Tristan and when you need someone to love you and care for you again, don’t even think of looking for me. Fuck you!’’ That was all I said to him, and then I hung up. I threw my mobile phone against the wall breaking it in two, but I didn’t care.

I was left alone and betrayed. I knew I’d eventually be fine again, but for the next three months, I was picking up the broken pieces of my heart one by one.