Status: Derp

Chain of Memories

Complex thoughts just lead to headaches

P.O.V Asher Hale.

I walk through the streets of airlyn. Dazed in thought. I’m an older man; I have rugged features and a taste for getting myself into trouble. That’s all you need to know for now. I can’t tell you much about myself because then you will start to remember me. Once you remember me then my life is in your hands. I shake my head and walk though the streets, the streets are not as bright as they used to be, few children play outside anymore and everyone seems to trust no one. This used to be a happy place until the threat of him came along. You don’t need to know who he is either, even though it might be good to have you control him. But i'm not sure if I can trust you right now either, you could do worse than him. I’m not sure. A cold breeze danced though the streets causing me to stop thinking and pull my jacket closer around myself. I was returning from work in the mines, to my wife Evelyn. She was the most beautiful women I have seen in my whole life, I smiled as I could see my home in the distance, she was outside hanging the stale worn clothing on the line to dry. We lived a simple life, we didn’t have everything we wanted but we had what we needed. Enough to get us by, enough to get us though the day and enough to live. People here used to be so selfish. They would want the fanciest things and they would get it. Whether it is a sports car or a brand new flat my Flatscreen TV. They would constantly rely on things called cellphones and the Internet. I’m not to sure what these things are because I’ve never seen them. The place where all that was used to be called Earth. Then one day something happened, the media got the best of everyone and they became their own worst enemies. They destroyed themselves. The ones like use, the ones like Evelyn and I were special. We made it though it, I don’t remember much at all though, I remember pain and being forced upward, almost as if I was flying, like I was invincible. We landed here in what later was called Airlyn. A realm in the sky. Although we can’t remember much from our past life we can’t help but to be great full that we are here today. I smiled at Evelyn as I wrapped my scraped arms around her, scared from all these years at work. “I’m glad your home safe.” Her voice sounds like honey. Just a sound from her makes me feel like I'm getting shot by an arrow that makes me feel alive. Evelyn is my light. She has the most amazing eyes and her person is golden. She keeps me sane here. She looked at me seriously “We should go in and talk. Its important.” I raised a testing brow at her but followed her orders. We headed inside our smaller home that had a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and small den. She sat down at the kitchen table. Her chocolate wavy hair was pulled back and her blue and white dress flared around her crossed legs. “It’s almost been three years Asher. How do you think they are doing? Do you think they know we exist?” She looked at me with those questioning eyes. Daring to push the subject and make me talk about the thing I never want to face again. When we were forced here to this realm our children were separated from us. Here, in this place your memories are the lifelines of the ones you love. If you forget them they die. This only applies to your close friends and children. You can’t forget the thing that made you so proud. We keep the memories of our children Fallon and Kody alive no matter how painful it may be because we love them. I ponder on Evelyn’s question just for a moment. My features harden as I think as if I'm thinking to hard about it not wanting to give the wrong answer. “I think they are doing okay, Where ever they are I'm sure they are doing there part and trying to find a way back and trying to discover their memories. Trying to remember us. They have to know who we are… Or we wouldn’t be here. Would we.” I shut my eyes in frustration at my own UN answered questions. I hope they are okay. Where ever they are in this galaxy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! Two cups of tea, one dead laptop battery later and it finally posted!