Who Are You?

VII.

I rush past the hospital doors and run straight to the stairs, taking two at a time to the second floor. I swerve past the people in the hall and run through the nurse’s station without bothering to check in.
“Sir!” One of the nurses yells out but I don’t slow down. “Sir you can’t be here!” She continues to yell but at this point I have already spotted the door to Savi’s door and in just a couple steps I will be there. I stretch out my hand as I take the next step but feel a tight grip on my arms leading me away.
“No!” I yell as I try to look back at the door. “Let me go!” I shout as I squirm in the security’s hold but he wasn’t letting go.
“Sir are we going to have to call the police? You can’t be here.” I hear his deep voice say behind me.
“What seems to be the problem here?” I hear a familiar voice say and I turn to see Jocelyn. “Let him go please.” She says as soon as she recognizes me in the security’s hands.
“Jocelyn I need to see Savi. I need to tell her I love her before it’s too late.” I say as I try to look at her through tear filled eyes. I see the grief in her eyes as she looks at me for a second. She nods her head and turns in the direction of the room.
“Go ahead.”
“Thank you, thank you!” I told the doctor and ran towards the room before she changed her mind. I pushed the door open that led to the door and nearly fell to the floor as I saw Savannah in the hospital bed again. I held myself up and walked over to the left side of the bed, bringing the chair over so I could sit down. I picked up her hand in mine and felt my tears start to build up.
“I miss you so much Savi.” I barely let out as my voice started to crack. “It should be me in this bed not you, you don’t deserve this. It’s all my fault that you’re here and I don’t know if I could live with the thought of not having you around anymore. I should have told you how much I really loved you how much I still love you that night, I should have been there for you more after you lost the baby but I was being selfish. I let my own thoughts consume me then that I didn’t stop to think what was going on with you and I pushed you away. I never wanted you to feel like I stopped loving you because truth is I never will be able to stop loving you no matter how hard everyone tries to.” I looked down at her hands and caught sight of the tattoo on her finger, the one that matched mine. “I remember when we got these, I remember the promise I made to you and I meant every word of it because Savi I knew from that first day that I saw you in the crowd that there was something special about you and I was right. I wish I could go back to that time or at least back to when you first appeared in my room. I wish I knew then who you really were; I wish I would have had all the answers for you then so we could have spent that time trying to find a way to get you back to your body and back with me.” I gripped onto her hand as I felt my emotions double in strength. I closed my eyes, squeezing out my tears and rested my head by her arm as I continued to sob. “I love you Savi. Please don’t leave me.” I continued to sob till I felt numb; I knew there was nothing more I could do.
“Vic.” I heard a whisper in the room and I lifted my head as I felt a hand on my back.
“Savi!” I said as soon as I recognized the person sitting on the bed across from me but I knew it was just her spirit as her body was still asleep on my other side. I saw her hand raise as she looked and me and felt a delicate touch on my cheek as she tried to brush away my tears.
“Don’t be sad anymore, I will always be with you, right here.” She said pointing at my heart. “I have to go now.” I reached for her hands so she wouldn’t leave but when I saw her shaking her head I knew I couldn’t stop her as much as I tried. She leaned into me and placed a kiss on my cheek. “Thank you for helping me, I love you.” Her voice played back in my mind as I heard the monitor start to ring in the distance.
“Savannah!” I heard a voice similar to mine yell as I saw the flatline on the screen. She was gone and I wanted nothing more than to be gone with her. I clutched onto her hand and brought it to my heart I pleaded for her to come back. I heard a ring in my ears, getting louder and louder as I tried my hardest to ignore it. “Please Savi-“ I felt a slight movement in my hands and I quickly looked up at Savannah’s body. I heard the ringing getting louder and that’s when I noticed that it was the heart monitor beside me. I watched the change on the monitor and turned to see Savannah’s eyes slowly flutter open. “Savi you’re back!” I said as I chocked on the remainder of my tears. I jumped up from my seat and hovered over her to give her a big hug. “I missed you so much.” I said giving her a squeeze but her body remained frozen under me. I moved my body slightly and looked down to meet her stare. She brought her hand up to my cheek and looked at me intently. I recognized the look, it was the same look she gave me when she first appeared in my room..

“Who are you?”