What Happened Last Night

The morning after the night before

I don't know where I am. I was completely out of it last night. I do have a vague memory of my boyfriend, Alex, crying over me. What happened?

I try to sit up. I get a sharp pain in my stomach, but I eventually manage it. I realise I am in what looks like a hospital room. The walls are just plain white, there is a dresser on the opposite side of the room and a wardrobe in the corner next to it. Both the wardrobe and dresser are bright white, matching the walls.

"Whoever designed this room must have had a blast!" I jokingly spoke my thoughts aloud. I looked around more and saw a small window to the left of the bed. I could barely see anything outside, just pure green and I could make out a tree in the distance.

I was wearing a standard hospital gown that you see on all the American TV shows, another giveaway which made me come to the conclusion that I was definitely in a hospital. However, at the end of the bed, there were a pair of royal blue pajamas.

I felt extremely tired still, so I laid back down and fell asleep.
When I awoke, the sun was setting and a nurse was hovering at the foot of my bed, jotting something down on a clipboard.

"Where am I?" I interrupted her from her work.
"At Broomfield hospital" She seemed startled, as if she didn't expect me to talk to her. "Do you remember anything at all?"
"Only a hazy memory of my boyfriend crying"
"Oh dear, sweetie, well you should get some more rest now, your body needs some recovery time. I'll leave you alone." She started to walk towards the door.
"Wait..." but she had already gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey I had an idea of writing this, I don't know how it will turn out in the end but I hope anyone who reads this likes it and I'm not sure if anyone would know what has happened to her yet!