I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Eleven

-One Week Later-

-Matt’s P.O.V.-

Rae refuses to even come out of her room anymore. She rarely even talks to anyone. The phone rings and it’s for her, she’d rather get a message. Someone comes to the door, they’re told to pretty much told to get lost. Well…they aren’t told that bluntly, but you know.

The only people that she’ll really talk to are Fae and myself. Everyone else is a rarity. I wanted to get to the bottom of this.

I invited Zacky over. I’m tired of him treating my sister like scum when he’s the one acting like a prick. I was in the backyard, a iced bottle of water sitting in front of me on the patio table. Rae’s been staying with Val and I. Val managed to get Rae out of the house, so they were out doing whatever. I took this as my opportunity to dig into Zacky’s brain and figure out what his problem is.

It’s funny though. While on tour, from what Jimmy told me, Zacky’s just scared. Scared of what, I don’t know. It can’t be of being a father. If so, he should have thought of that before he gave into that temptation. I know he isn’t the only one to blame, but still.

Apparently, he has feelings for Rae. Any affection I’ve seen come from him regarding Rae is hurting her in any way he fucking can. I put a stop to that shit when I walked in on him raising his hand to her in the hospital. He won’t touch her again and live.

The sliding glass doors opened, and out onto the patio walked Zacky. He looked a little pissed off, but that’ll be an understatement later.

I looked up at him, taking my water bottle in my hands, “it’s about time you showed up,” I said in an annoyed tone.

Zacky scoffed and pulled up a chair, “duty calls,” he said smugly.

“Okay, what the fuck is your problem, Zack?”

“What?”

“Don’t fucking what me, Baker. Why are you acting like an asshole?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Bullshit,” I flashed a glare at him.

“Putting your god damn hands on my sister, raising your fist to her, calling her shit that she isn’t and letting your one time lay say shit to her face.”

“Oh please, Matt. It was nothing she couldn’t handle,” He scoffed and brushed everything I was saying off his shoulders.

“Oh really? Then why did she try to kill herself?”

“Maybe because she knows no one else will have her.”

I stood up and slammed my right fist into the left side of his jaw.

“Don’t you fucking talk about her like that again!”

Zacky’s body jerked to the right. He popped his jaw back into place and spit the bloody saliva onto the cement of the patio. Zacky looked at me, he was obviously pissed; I could really care less.

“Just three weeks ago you were saying you were scared to be a dad, how you love Rae and shit. Where the hell is that Zack?”

Zacky lowered his head, then looked up at me, his eyes looked darker, but it didn’t bother me.

“He disappeared the day I’m pregnant came out of her mouth.”

I squeezed the plastic bottle in my hands. I wish it was his neck. He’s laying all the blame on her.