I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Twelve

-Matt’s P.O.V.-

“You think you’re so fucking cool, don’t you?” I snarled.

Zacky looked up at me, he was clearly pissed and his attitude wasn’t about to change, “I’m the shit, Matt. Plain and fucking simple.”

“A pile of shit, Zack. You can’t fucking go around acting like you’re something cool.”

“Oh yeah I can.”

“No. What about all them kids who look up to you? You think by not owning up to your actions will show them a positive message?”

“Matt, they have the right to do what they want and so do I.”

“Not when it’s my sister your doing wrong, hell, anyone for that matter.”

“Conceited, Matt. You know that Rae isn’t exactly the innocent little girl you think she is.”

“That may be so, but I don’t have to think that. She’s told me about the mistakes that she’s made. Rae is man enough to admit what she’s done, you’re not.”

“I’m not gay,” Zacky growled.

“You’re a fucking idiot, Baler. Fucking listen to me!”

“I have been listening.”

“Bullshit. You going out and telling Rae you love her, treating her like your best friend since we were little. Then when you both slip up, you go and act like you’re some innocent person and that Rae did this all on purpose. You going and calling her a whore is doing nothing for no one, Zacky. Besides making Rae feel like shit to where she almost killed herself just to get you to notice how much she does care about you.”

“There you go, Matt,” Zacky pulled out a cigarette, lit it up, then blew out the smoke, “she’s seeking attention.”

I slammed my fists on the table and stood up, “I didn’t mean it that way, damn it! She wants you to know that she loves you! She didn’t ask for this to happen to her, so why are you doing it? Are you really that scared, Zacky? Scared to the point where you have to make everyone else’s’ lives hell?”

“Oh please, Matt. She’s a big girl, she can take care of herself.”

“For the most part, yes. But the one thing she needs help with is having the father of her fucking child help her! She didn’t lay on her back and get herself pregnant, Zacky. Sure, it takes two to tango, but it takes one to shoot!”

Zacky sucked on his cigarette, then let out again, “Uh huh, whatever you say…”

“You best be pulling your head out of your ass. I’m tired of picking up the shards to the already broken pieces.”
“No one said you had to be her babysitter, Matt. You are your own person, you decide what you do, so instead of living your sisters’ life, why don’t you go live your own? Leave Rae to pick up her own shitty life and take responsibility for her own problems…just like I did.”

I pressed my lips together and jumped over the table, knocking Zacky to the cement patio. Zacky let out a yell, his cigarette went flying.

I slammed my fists into his arms, chest, but more so his face. No one talks that way about my blood, no one. I don’t give a fuck if they’re my best friend. You insult my blood that way, I won’t hesitate to knock your teeth in. Zachary Baker is no fucking objection.