I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Fourteen

-One Month Later-

I’m four, almost five months along, now. Everyone’s been so generous since the majority of them have come back from tour. Zacky ended up staying in the hospital for a day and a half because Matt beat him so badly. I was glad, but I was still upset about it.

I had an appointment today for an ultrasound. I was going to find out the gender at this appointment. Leana came with me. Fae, Gena, and Val all had to work, but I said I’d call and tell them any news.

I was laying on the bed in the lightly lit room with Leana to my left side, the ultrasound machine was to my right. There was a soft knock on the door, and in walked my doctor. She was amazing, her name is Jenna Quinn.

“Hello, Rae,” she smiled and took a seat on her cushioned stool, then set her clipboard to the side, “how are you feeling?”

I sighed, “I’m doing alright. A little stressed, but okay, none the less.”

Jenna smiled and grabbed her bottle of the clear jelly and applied it to my now larger tummy.

“Has the baby been moving a lot, lately?”

“Oh yes. Its been keeping me up most nights, but I’m getting enough sleep, everyone makes sure,” I smiled.

Leana giggled, “her brother threatens her with not getting her candy when she wants it.”

I lightly his Leana’s arm and she shrugged.

Jenna smiled and grabbed the wand, “that’s a very good sign of a healthy, happy baby.”

She turned the machine on; the screen appeared blank until the pushed the wand against my stomach.

There was a loud swooshing sound, then a steady rhythm, “well, we have a strong heartbeat, Rae. That’s a very, very good sign.”

I nodded with a smile.

“Have you picked out any names?” She asked.

I watched the screen, my eyes, following every movement, “yeah. Jacob Ryan for a boy, and Emily Lynn for a girl.”

Jenna grinned and moved the wand to the lower right part of my torso, “okay, here’s your baby.”

I smiled, my eyes began to water. I can’t believe it…it’s still here…alive and healthy. Leana clapped quietly.

“So cute, I can already tell the baby is going to look so much like you, hun,” Leana kissed my cheek.

“Thank you, Leana,” I stuck my tongue out at her.

Jenna moved the wand to my left a little bit; I saw her smile, “Well…it looks to me like in early December, you’ll be welcoming Emily Lynn into the Sanders family.”

My jaw dropped and I think Leana’s hit the floor.

“Really?” I asked.

Jenna nodded and pressed the print button.

“Yes, ma’am. You have an adorable baby girl on the way.”

This is just…amazing. It felt as it everything was mending its self. Things need to stay this way…it’s a wonderful feeling…