I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Nineteen

-Fae's P.O.V.-

Since Matt was busy, I handed Brian my drink after giving him a kiss and went inside to answer the door. If this person was anyone we knew, wouldn’t they have just come into the backyard? Besides, people we don’t know wouldn’t just walk up, there is security at this place, Matt and Val aren’t that naive.

I skipped through Matt’s house and hopped to the front door. I grabbed the door knob and pulled the door open.

The person standing on the other side was someone I don’t think anyone planned on seeing or even wanted here.

Zacky stood on the door step with his arms crossed and his teeth clamped on his bottom lip.

“What the hell do you want?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Zacky looked down at me with dark green eyes, I could tell they were full of spite, “I want to see Rae.”

“No, she’s busy,” I voiced flatly and in no mood to even deal with him.

“Both you and I know that’s a load of shit. Where is she?”

“She’s busy with her friends and family, what’s it to you?”

“Let me see her.”

“I said no,” I pushed the door shut and began my journey back to the others.

“Fae!” Zacky yelled and slammed the door shut.

He advanced towards me and stepped up so that there was very little clearance between our bodies.

I glared, “get the hell out, you weren’t invited.”

Zacky growled lowly and squinted his eyes down at me, “invited or not, I have every right to be here.”

“I said no. Don’t make me get Matt on your fucking ass.”

“Matt this, Matt that,” he rolled his eyes in pure annoyance.

“You’re not a very good friend of ours anymore, and from your beliefs, Emily Lynn Sanders is not yours.”

Zacky tightened his fists, “gonna hit me? Do it, Vengeance.”

He sighed in anger and loosened his fists, “please, just let me talk to her.”

“Uh-uh, Zacky. You can talk to me. You’ve done enough damage to her, you don’t need to do anymore because she can’t take it. She’s already been told by the doctor that one more stressful situation will land her back in the hospital, then both lives are at risk. So you can shut the hell up about her because no one wants you near her.”

He shut his mouth and didn’t say another word. I saw his eyes soften and his shoulders relax just a little bit, the rest of him was still quite tense.

“I…I…”

“Spit it out,” I demanded firmly, yet with a soft tone.
“It’s my fault…I know…”

I rose my left eyebrow in confusion. What the hell has gotten into this boy? After all this havoc, he’s admitting all of the crap that he’s done wrong?

“Yeah, it’s your fault. All of it, Zack,” I spat.

He nodded slowly and flicked his tongue against his right snake-bite.

“She tried to kill herself because of you. She downed a shit ton of pain medications at the same time. She was thinking about an abortion because she knew no one would want a pregnant girl. She didn’t want to deal with your shit anymore.”

“I didn’t mean it…” he spoke quietly.

“Whatever, Zacky. Matt and I almost lost a sister because of you. You really think you’re a man when you go and tell someone that you’re not the father of their child when you know for a fucking fact that you are?” I was starting to get really angry. This is a load of crap.

“I don’t want to be tied down yet! Everything’s just started taking off for us!”

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him with annoyed expression.

“Do the deed, pay the price. Rae dropped out of her classes for this, Zacky. Did she want to? No. She’ll put her child’s life before that. She’s doing this damn near on her own because she doesn’t want anyone’s help. The one person’s help that she wanted turned against her the first time she said I’m pregnant. Sound familiar?”

He nodded slowly again, “I’m scared…”

“I couldn’t give a rat’s ass. You can be scared, but it doesn’t mean you can treat the other person like scum and call them names like you have, Rae didn’t deserve that and no one else has deserved the way you’ve treated them because of this.”

“I know that.”

“No, you don’t. What if one day Emily asks who her daddy is? What’s Rae going to say? She can’t tell Emily that she was a mistake, no child deserves to be called something like that at all.”

“She’s not a mistake…” Zacky said quietly and looked down at the floor.

“You’re treating everything like it is. What if this happened to Emily when she’s older? What if she was with someone who she loved and got pregnant, then he denied the baby just like this and then called her a whore and a slut? As Emily’s good father, what the fuck would you do?”

“I don’t want that for her…she doesn’t deserve it…and neither does Rae…”

“You should have thought of that a long damn time ago, Baker. I’m not fucking letting you in so you can just jumble up the puzzle after it was all pieced back together. You don’t need to fuck with my sister anymore then you have.”

“I’m sorry Fae…”

“You’re apologizing to the wrong fucking person. I’m sure I speak for everyone else here; stay away from Rae and Emily from now on…no one needs anymore of your crap,” I turned on my heel and started back for the backyard.

I heard Zacky sigh from behind me and open the front door. I rolled my eyes and walked back outside. That was tiring and very draining. I don’t think anyone needs to know that he was here today. Matt doesn’t need to go to jail and Rae doesn’t need to be in a fit of tears for the rest of the day. It’s her day to enjoy Emily’s celebration with her family. We’re all she needs…I just hope she knows how much we will be here for her…