I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Two

Chocolate-banana milkshakes are a guilty pleasure. I could drink these all day for the rest of my life and I could die happy.

Fae, Gena, and I were all sitting on the pier, sipping our milkshakes like no one’s business.

“So,” Fae started, “have you thought of any names yet?”

I turned and looked at her with my straw in my mouth and a raised eyebrow.

“The baby. A name for a girl and a name for a boy,” Gena finished.

I shrugged and removed the straw from my lips, “I don’t know…I haven’t thought about it.”

“I know that there’s six months left and all, but you need to come up with something. Don’t leave my niece of nephew nameless!” Fae gasped, but I just slapped her thigh and took another sip of my milkshake.

Gena snorted with laughter and looked towards the blue ocean, “what about…Emily, Anna…”

“I like Emily…” I mumbled and tapped the side of my cup.

“What about a boy?” Fae jumped in her spot on the pier. I think she wanted a nephew, “Michael.”

“No,” that name never did appeal to me for my own child, but it’s great on everyone else.

I stayed quiet for a while, pondering what name I’d pick for a boy. There were so many names out there, it’s just that none of them catch my attention.

“Jacob Ryan,” Gena pierced the silence.

I looked at her with a smile, “I like it.”

“Woo, Rae likes the name Jacob Ryan and Emily…but we need a middle name for that one,” Gena bit onto her bottom lip and tapped her knee with her right index finger.

“Emily…Emily…Emily…Lynn?” Fae asked.

I thought about it for a moment. Emily Lynn and Jacob Ryan. Those are terrific.

“Emily Lynn it is,” I grinned.

Gena and Fae high-fived each other with giggles.

I sighed and stood up, “I’m bored. Can we go do something else?”

“Sure, what do you want to do?” Gena asked, mimicking my actions.

“Maybe…get my hair done or something. This brown is getting kind of…blah,” I pouted and ruffled my dull, brown, medium length , brown hair.

“Sounds good to me. We’ll get you a new hot-mama style,” Gena smirked.

Fae nodded with an identical smirked and stood up, tossing her empty milkshake cup into the trash.

“Lets go, then,” Fae said as she flung her bag over her shoulder an pulled out her car keys.

Gena and I both nodded and followed her to the car.

Hot-mama

What the hell is even the point? No one wants me…no guy would even care, much like the father of my child.

I may hate him…but I do still love him. Old feelings die hard.