I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Twenty-Two

It was just after two o’clock the following day. I had went back to Matt and Val’s place after Zacky and I called it a night. I woke up and Matt was gone, but Val was still here in bed. I took the liberty of cleaning up the house while Val slept, even though I wasn’t allowed to do so.

She strode down the stairs, looking perfect, just as she always does; dressed and ready for the rest of the day.

“And where we you last night, Rae Marie?” She asked with crossed arms, staring me down as I sat on the couch with my legs crossed in front of me.

I looked over at her with a raised eyebrow.

“What do you mean?”

“I went to check on you last night because you weren’t making any noises. When I went in, you weren’t there, but some stuff was,” she sat down ext to me.

I looked away and swallowed away the nervousness.

Val sighed, “you went to see him, didn’t you?”

Putting my right elbow on the arm of the couch, I rested the palm of my hand on my right cheek.

“Maybe…”

“What did you two talk about?”

I pursed my lips and put my hands on my stomach and moved them in small circles, “um…he just…he apologized…for everything.”

“Oh really?”

With a nod, I yawned. Val nodded slightly and brushed my hair from my face.

“What else happened, sweetie?”

“Uh…Well…he wrote me a letter and left it in my room. How he did that, I don’t know. He didn’t tell me. But…I just met him at our old spot because he wanted to talk. Zack said that if I didn’t meet him, he’d leave me alone and never talk to me again.”

“So, you went to see him, then he apologized for everything?”

“Yeah. When he showed up…he looked like he’d been crying, Val…” I said quietly.

“Oh sweetie…” she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into an embrace.

“He said to me that…Emily is his baby…that he’s sorry for saying that she wasn’t and for calling me all those names.”

“That’s good.”

“I know…I could tell he was telling the truth…because Zacky…he cried…”

“Wow…”

I nodded, “he’s a good guy now…”

“You’re definitely sure?” She asked with concern.

“Mhm…He held his hand on my stomach until we went our own ways last night…he got to feel her kick.”

“Oh…that’s so sweet.”
“It is,” I smiled, “I’ve never seen his eyes so bright before.”

“He really wants to be in her life, huh?”

“Zack told me himself that he does. He said that he thinks she looks like…Emily Lynn Baker…Not Emily Lynn Sanders.”

Val put her hand on my stomach. Emily started to move around a little bit, and It just made Val’s day.

“Do what you think is right, hun.”

“I am…”

Emily Lynn Baker