I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Twenty-Three

Matt walked through the front door later in the day with a big smile on his face. Val and I were confused as to why he was so happy, so we just sat there with one raised eyebrow each.

“What’re you so happy for?” I finally broke the silence.

Matt flashed his early whites and took a seat on the black leather recliner in the corner of the living room.

“We finished recording everything today, now we just have to put the rest of the album together,” he grinned.

With big smiles, Val and I stood up and attacked Matt with kisses on his cheeks and hugs. Poor guy…he got all of the torture, no one else was here to feel the wrath.

“Alright, alright, knock it off!” Matt yelled through laughs and pushed us away.

Val and I stepped back, hands on our hips and side smiles.

“We can’t do it to no one else babe,” Val whined a little and stuck out her bottom lip.

Matt rolled his eyes and held his arms out to her for a cuddle, which she gladly accepted. Sitting on his lap, her arms around his neck, and they both kissed happily.

I shrugged and went to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I grabbed a chilled bottle of water and twisted off the cap. I’m happy for them, very happy. Matt and Val are made for each other, no matter what anyone else says. I’m happy to call Val my future sister in law, and I’m sure she’s feeling the same way.

With my water in hand, I walked out of the kitchen and smiled at the two of them. They were all cuddled up on the big chair; Matt’s arms were around her waist, hers were around his neck and they were barely apart, just talking quietly.

“I’m going to take off so you all can have some i]celebration time,” I turned around and headed for the stairs.

“Wait!” I heard Val yelled.

I stopped and turned back around; she jumped off of Matt’s lap and walked over to me, “you might want to keep tonight open…that is, if you want to. You know the guys are going to throw some kind of barbeque for this little…accomplishment.”

“Will do,” I nodded and kissed her cheek.

She mimicked my actions and walked back over to Matt while I went upstairs to get my things. I walked into my room and grabbed the few bags I had brought over from my place and headed back down the stairs. There was really no need for good-byes since Matt and Val were attached at the lips when I even got to the door. I decided to just leave all the gifts here, there’s no one to help me with them anyways.

I pulled my keys out of my bag and unlocked the car, then hopped in, buckled up, and started it. In a matter of seconds, I was off on my way to my house. I wanted to go out today, just me. I need to get my mind off of things, just so it doesn’t turn into stress later because you know where that leads a lot of people and it’s something I could seriously do without.

“So…if there’s a barbeque, maybe, tonight…who the hell all is going to be there besides the norm?”

The question was to no one in particular. If there really was going to be one, then you know for a fact that everyone will be there. Everyone. If it really does happen…what else will happen? Since Zacky and I talked last night, I don’t think we could just ignore each other or just go back to the old ways before the truth was told and apologies were given.

I could skip out, possibly. Tell them I’m sick? No, that’ll make everyone worry. Oh well, lets just see what happens.