I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Twenty-Four

-Late Evening-

“Here’s to the new album and our newest family member!” Brian held up his beer bottle, as did everyone else with their drinks, mine being the only non-alcoholic.

“Here, here!” Everyone chorused and then drank.

After our drink, we all cheered. I think it’s safe to say that everyone was pleased with all the hard work that the guys have put into their new self-titled album. They deserved it, after all.

I spotted Zacky out of the corner of my left eye. He was off talking to Johnny and sharing a few laughs. What about, I don’t know. Zacky looked over at me.

When I turned to look at him, he gave me an evil look. It scared me…yet confused me at the same time.

“But I thought…” I said quietly to myself and sat down on a padded lawn chair, away from everyone else.

He glared at me once more, then turned his attention back to his conversation with Johnny.

“Hey, girlie,” Val smiled and kneeled down at the left side of my chair.

I smiled at her, “hey, what’s up?”

“I wanted to ask you a question,” I nodded.

“What was Zacky glaring for? I thought you guys…made up?” She made sure her voice was quiet.

I bit onto my top lip and looked over at him quickly, then back at Val, “I have no idea. But I can’t just go up and ask him.”

“True,” Val pursed her lips and sat down in the grass.

Zacky looked over at me with a glare, then nodded his head slightly for the house. I looked at him slightly confused as he walked inside and disappeared behind the corner that lead into the hallway of Matt’s house.

“I’ll be back, I gotta go to the bathroom,” Val nodded as I set my drink down.

My pregnant self finally got inside the house and through the living room.

“Zack?” I whispered harshly.

He stepped out of the hallway and set his drink down on the table next to the couch.

“What the hell is your problem?” I asked, hurt evident in my tone.

Zacky gave me an apologetic look, “I’m sorry. I thought you would have figured it out. I’m still trying to keep that cover.”

I looked at him with confusion, then made an ‘o’ shape with my mouth, “I got it…sorry. I just couldn’t figure out what your issue was.”

Zacky smiled and kissed my cheek, “no, I won’t hurt you anymore. Never again and I promised you that.”

“Thank you, Zack,” I returned the kiss on the cheek and stepped back.

There was a weird pressure in my lower stomach and it hurt, but it also kind of made me feel nauseous.

“Ow…” I put my hand under my stomach.

Zacky got a panicked look, “what? What is it?”

I jumped as I felt the pain again. But where my hand was, I felt something hard push into my palm.

“The baby…she’s kicking,” I then began to smile. “Do you want to feel?”

Zacky bit onto his snake bitten lips and nodded, but he didn’t hold his hand out.

“Here…” I grabbed his right hand with my left and moved my right hand from my stomach, then placed his hand on the same spot.

“You’ll feel it…”

It was a good few minutes until she kicked again and Zacky jerked his hand away in surprise, “that’s fucking weird!”

“That’s your baby, Zacky, she wanted to say hello to her daddy.”

Zacky smiled and wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

“That’s my baby…” I nodded at his statement and looked up at him.

Zacky looked down at me, then did the unexpected. Something that the both of us have missed for so long. He pressed his lips gently to my own in a soft kiss, the ones that mean the most.

-Third Person P.O.V.-

As the two kiss, there was a one man audience that Zacky and Rae were totally oblivious to. Johnny was stood where the kitchen and the living room met. He caught the entire display from the moment Zacky felt the baby kick, to the kiss.

He shook his head in disbelief and turned on his left heel and went back to the back yard. He looked around for Matt, then spotted him over by Val, which the two were laughing.

“Hey Matt!