I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Twenty-Five

Zacky took my hands into his own and laced our fingers together, then brought them to rest on top of my stomach.

“We just have to work up to it, Rae. Like…You and I just make progression. We at civil when we’re around each other-”

“-then we start getting closer?” I finished.

He nodded with a smile and kissed my nose, “that’s when we become friendly and then everything will be all set. We just work up to it.”

“It sounds like a plan,” I smiled.

“Until then, this is our secret,” he leaned down and connected his lips with mine, then wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

Off in the distance, someone cleared their throat lowly. Zacky and I parted and turned to the direction of the noise, only to come face to face with a severely angry looking Matt.

“Gee, did I interrupt something here?” He asked with his arms crossed over his chest.

I stayed quiet and grabbed Zacky’s left hand with my right, which they were hidden from Matt’s view.

Matt sighed in anger, “I’m waiting.”

“This is about us, Matt,” Zacky broke the uncomfortable silence.

“I don’t think so, Baker. Get the hell out of here.”

“I think not.”

Matt stepped up to us and grabbed my left arm and pulled me away, but mine and Zacky’s hands were still attached.

“Matt, get off!” I yelled as I tugged my arm away from him.

“No, you will listen to me! Get out, Zacky. You have no fucking business here. Don’t you talk to my sister, come near her, or fucking touch her. I’m not afraid to kill you.”

Zacky looked at me, sadness filled his green eyes as he stared.

“Please Zack…just go…” I said quietly.
Zacky looked at Matt and I, then kissed me again, but Matt shoved him away, making Zacky stumble. He caught himself with the wall and stood up straight.

Get out!” Matt roared.

Zacky flipped Matt off and walked out the door, but made sure to slam it closed behind him, which made me jump. Tears began to fill my eyes. Crossing my arms over my chest, I turned and glared at Matt.

“Rae Marie Sanders, what the hell are you thinking?” He asked with a low voice that scared me, actually.

I stepped back, not saying a word.

“Answer me, damn it,” he stepped forward.

“I don’t have to, you’re not dad, so don’t fucking act like it, Matthew Charles.”

“How long has this been going on, huh? Been happening ever since you got out, am I right? Is this all just a fucking game to you?”

“NO!”

“Then what!?”

“ We worked it out, Matt!”

“That’s the biggest load of bullshit I’ve ever heard from you! He’s no good, Rae! How do you know that he’s even for fucking real!?”

The tears I’d been holding back finally slid from my eyes and down my cheeks.

“He apologized…”

“Yeah, murderers apologize, Rae. I want you to stay away from him.”

“I’m twenty-three, Matt! I’m an adult!” I yelled to his face; big mistake.

Matt towered over me and looked down at me with dark eyes and an evil scowl.

“You sure don’t act like it. If you’re going to be a bitch, you can get the hell out too.”

Something that Matt’s never done before…

He’s never called me names like that, not even when we used to get into fights. I shook my head at him and grabbed my bag from the side of the couch.

“Rae, I’m sorry…I-I didn’t mean it…” He began to stutter.

I shook my head through sobs and opened the door.

“Damage is done, Matt. I won’t fuck up your life anymore then I already have. Don’t say I haven’t because you’ve just made it clear…hope you and Fae have a nice life.”

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and walked out and closing the door softly behind me.