I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Twenty-Six

It’s been two weeks. I haven’t talked to my brother since he kicked me out. I did talk to Fae the day after, well…she did the yelling. She took Matt’s side and refused to even hear my side of anything. No one else will talk to me besides Val, since she knew before hand. I haven’t talked to Zacky much, either. I feel guilty that the celebration night was ruined…I know it’s my fault.

Val escaped Matt’s grasp long enough to go to my doctor’s appointment with me. The baby is healthy, which no one can complain at all. She’s been my only friend since that night.

Maybe my family has shunned me for being the youngest. I mean…Fae and I are twins, but she’s older by about five minutes. But yet ever since we grew into our teen years, I’ve still felt like I’ve been treated like an adopted child that no one ever really wanted. People would say that Fae and I are close, but I can’t see that relationship now. Whatever…

I decided to go and see Zacky today, just to get some things cleared up and to make sure that we were still okay. I don’t want this to all blow over because of my asshole brother. I’m sick of being treated like crap by those who are supposed to love me.

I pulled up in front of his house and took a deep breath. With one final sigh, I got out of the car and locked it, then headed up, and knocked lightly. I stood there for a little bit. There was some rustling inside, then the door opened to reveal Zacky.

“Hey…Rae. Long time, no talk,” he smiled.

I nodded and tucked a strand of hair behind my right ear, “hey…I was wondering if we could talk?”

“Yeah, if you want,” he stepped back and pulled the door open for me to step through, which I did and then he closed it behind me.

“Have a sea,” he sat down on the couch at one end and I sat at the other.

“Listen…Zack…I’m sorry about the party-”

“Don’t worry about it, it’s fine. Matt’s just being protective,” he cut in.

I shook my head and looked straight at him, “he kicked me out shortly after you left…”

Zacky’s eyes went wide as he looked back at me. I guess he never expected Matt to act like that.

“What for, Rae?” He sounded worried, yet pissed off at the same time.

“Because I…I stuck up for you…and what he saw. I told him that we worked it out…but he just turned right back around and said that you were only messing around.”

“No…that can’t be the only reason, Rae. He wouldn’t kick his sister out like that.”

“He did, Zack. He didn’t only kick me out, but he said I was acting like a bitch , too. He’s never said that, ever.”

Zacky moved closer and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

“I’m sorry…this is my fault,” he whispered into my hair.

I laid my head on his shoulder and put my arm around his torso, “not it’s not.”
“Yes it is,” he kissed my head. “If I would have never been a jerk to you in the first place, no one would hate each other now. No one would hate me, Matt wouldn’t have lashed out on you.”

“Don’t blame this on you, Zacky…I guess I just don’t live up to everyone’s expectations anymore.”

“You live up to what you expect yourself to do, Rae. You don’t have to do what anyone else tells you to do. It’s your life and you can make of it what you want. Don’t let anyone stand in your way of that happiness.”

I nodded slowly against his shoulder and sighed. Matt’s wrong…so wrong. If he was here right now, he’d see first fucking hand that Zacky’s apology seriously meant something.

I heard a door open from the end of the hallway and feet skid across the cream colored carpet. Zacky didn’t seem to notice, so I sat up and pulled away from him.

“Zack, sweetie…”

A brunette girl with bright blue eyes turned the corner. She was in a pair of short-shorts and a lime green, string bikini top.

I looked at her, then turned to Zack with a scowl.

“Who is she, Zacky?” The girl asked.