I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Twenty-Seven

I gave Zacky all of about thirty seconds to answer that chick’s question, but he never did in that time span that I gave him. I shook my head and stood up from the couch and headed to the door. I didn’t waste no time in pulling it open and heading down the walkway to my car so I could get the hell out of his house.

“Rae!” I halted and turned around with my hands on my stomach, she started kicking again.

“What? Don’t you have someone to go back to?” I asked with a evil tone.

Zack stepped up to me and looked down into my hazel eyes, “she’s only a friend, I swear it.”

“You don’t have friends half fucking naked walking around your house like that!”

“That’s not it, though.”

“Then what? I have somewhere to be,” I began to grow impatient just to get the hell out of there.

“We…we were going to the beach, she just decided to change before hand. I swear it to you, Rae; nothing happened,” he then put his hands on either side of my stomach to feel her kick.

I pushed his hands away, “I’m not believing that for a second.”

Zacky looked at me stunned. I hadn’t denied him that, and I could tell it hurt him that I finally had. We’re almost even, but I didn’t have some guy walking around my house half naked when I had company.

He sighed in frustration and ran his hands over his face, “if you seriously don’t believe me, ask Brian about her. We met on the tour and we’d hung out for a while…”

“Yeah, in your bunk. I’m done, Zacky. Maybe Matt was right,” I turned around and started back to my car when he grabbed my hand and forced me to turn around and face him.
“It’s not like that, damn it! I’m not allowed to have female friends?”

“I never said that, don’t you dare assume that I think that, Zack Baker,” I yanked my arm from his grasp.

“Like I said, ask anyone who was on the tour and they’ll tell you,” he pressed on, determined to make me see that he was true to his word.

“I would, but everyone’s fucking turned against me! Matt has them all wrapped around their fingers besides Val! He even has Fae on his side! I have no one, Zacky! I can’t ask anyone anything!” My eyes began to fill with warm tears.

Zacky stood stunned at what I’d just yelled. Obviously he hadn’t spoken to anyone either. He hasn’t even talked to me for the past two weeks, so he had no idea, but that’s not the point. He fucking knows how Matt is and just assumes that Matt wasn’t going to turn anyone against me.

Behind Zacky, the girl stepped onto the porch, now in a pair of skinny jeans and a red halter top.

“She’s everything I’m not, huh? She’s gorgeous, small, probably smart…no wonder she was like that in your house.”

“Rae, stop it! I already said it wasn’t like that,” Zacky groaned and looked down and the gray cement of the sidewalk.

The girl came down the steps and stood next to Zacky. She stared at me for a minute, probably thinking of something bitchy to say.

“I’m sorry about the first impression…” she spoke softly.

Her voice was soft. Not high pitched, but not really low either; kind of like an angel.

I looked at her as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“You must be Rae…I’ve heard so much about you,” she smiled.

I rose my eyebrow at her, “I’m Kendra.” She held out her hand to me, I just looked at it.

Zacky sighed and looked at us both, “Zacky’s talked a lot about you; you’re all he ever talks about, you and the baby. It’s so sweet…” Kendra smiled.

A perfect smile too, it ticks me off.

“Please say something…” Zacky begged.

I liked my lips and looked at them both standing side by side, “well, Kendra, I hope you know what you’re getting yourself into. Better get out before you get in too deep like I did.” I turned around and unlocked my car and hopped into the driver’s seat.

“If you’re worried, Rae…I have a girlfriend,” she spoke.

I stopped and looked at her through the now open passenger’s side window.

“Excuse me?”

“I-I’m a lesbian, Zacky and I are only friends, so there’s nothing to worry about.”
I nodded slowly and started up the car.

“Have fun anyway…” I waved at the two and drove off.

That just changed my perspective a little.