I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Twenty-Eight

-One Week Later-

-Third Person P.O.V.-

The day after Rae had found the girl in Zacky’s house and the confrontation, Rae ended up ill. She figured it best it she went to the doctor’s to find a way to get better and so that she didn’t put the baby into any more danger then she already had in the past.

Rae was asked different questions and was examined for illnesses, but none of it was physical. Rae had developed depression; what with the trouble at the beginning of the pregnancy, her attempted suicide, then onto the turned backs of her family and friends, and finally, her not believing Zacky this last time.

She was advised to stay in bed, off her feet, and just relax. Doctor Quinn had made everything mandatory that Rae keep herself stress free, at least for the most part just to be on the safe side. Being sick like this so late in her pregnancy could have some complications and they wouldn’t be very good for anyone. So Rae being sick had nothing to do with her hormones like she had thought, but much worse.

With that advice, Rae went left alone and went home to be by herself. No one had called to even check on her, nothing. Zacky had come over, but Rae really refused anything coming from him. The two had talked and Rae admitted to him that she didn’t believe a word that either he or Kendra had said. After all Rae had been through in her life, she knew better then to be naïve like that again, since that what had ended her previous relationships in the first place. She wasn’t going to get hurt again, but then again, luck was never on her side.

Rae was laying on the couch, her remote in her hand and a warm mug of a decaf mocha. Since she was pregnant, she had to give up the caffeine in normal coffee and sodas.

In the middle of an episode of Roseanne, there was a knock on the front door. Rae rolled her eyes. Of all the days she actually followed her doctor’s orders, someone decides to come over and keep Rae on her feet. There really was no break for her. She pulled her dark hair, which was now again long over her right shoulder and opened the door.

The person standing on the welcome mat was someone she didn’t even expect to see for the rest of her pregnancy, let alone her life at that rate.

There stood Matt in all his glory, aviators on and hands in his jeans pockets.

Rae flicked her tongue against her teeth and looked at him, “can I help you?”

Matt looked at her through the dark lenses of his glasses and cleared his throat, “your doctor called.”

“I thought shit like that was confidential?” Rae was now angry.

“She said she was worried about you and your health, even though she’s a doctor. She asked me to come check on you.”

“I don’t need a fucking baby sitter. You really made that clear at the barbeque.”
“I didn’t come here to get an attitude from you, alright? I wanted to make sure you were okay.”

Rae rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest, “I’m perfectly fine, now are you going to let me go back and relax, or are you going to stand here and continue to talk to me like a child?”

Matt growled lowly, “what? I’m not allowed to come check on family?”

“The only damn reason why you’re here is because she told you to come. I’m sorry that you had to pull teeth just to come over here, Matt.”

“And you’re still being stubborn,” he laughed slightly.

Rae didn’t find anything at all funny. It was just all a big joke, at least that’s how she felt about it all, anyway.

“Just leave, Matt. I know you really don’t want to be here,” Rae stepped back and put her hand on the door to get ready to close it.

“Fine, I’ll leave you to take care of yourself. I have my own family to take care of anyway,” he turned around and started down the cement pathway to his waiting car.

“What the fuck is that supposed to mean?” Rae asked, angry.

Matt stopped and turned around to look at her, “I have a baby to prepare for.” He turned back around and then got into his car, and took off.

Matt’s words hit her like a ton of bricks, and it hurt. It hurt more then anything that Zacky had ever done. His own family, she thought; a baby

She felt betrayed in a way, but knew that there was nothing she could do or say. She felt out of the loop, but actually was. There was no circle for her anymore. Everyone was creating their own, even if it meant starting a family to do so, just as Matt and Val had.