I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Thirty-One

When Jimmy and Zacky came back, I pulled jimmy off to the side while Leana and Gena finished up with Emily’s room so that I could talk to him about what was going on, just so that everything was alright.

He completely understood and forgave me, even though he said I was stupid for apologizing. He’d told me that I was doing the right thing with making up with Zacky and that it wasn’t anyone else’s place to tell me what to do on that matter. Of course, I agreed and I’m so glad that he knew what I was meaning through all of it, which was absolutely amazing in my book. If anything, Jimmy is like a big brother. He’s the oldest one out of all of us. He may act like a weird child sometimes, but that’s what makes me love him even more and I’m sure there’s a lot of other people who can agree with me on that.

We sat there and talked for a while longer. He’d known about what’s been going on between Matt and I and he said that Matt was being selfish about trying to rule my life. My noble giant.

Later on that night, the girls and Jimmy left, leaving Zack and I alone until tomorrow if the planned something and invited us along, as always. Zacky ordered in Chinese, just as I like. I do believe he knows me too well. Stalker? Just the thought makes me giggle. Besides, we live together, you have to know these things about the people you’re living with or you’re screwed.

He and I were sat on the couch, stomachs full, our bodies and minds were tired. I’m creeping up on seven months and this belly keeps getting in my way of a comfortable sleep besides Emily kicking the hell out of my insides; it’s not the best feeling in the world. Zacky insisted that I lay back on the couch and use his pillow covered lap for my head since apparently I looked like I was about to just topple over and pass out. I just laughed and nodded, taking up his offer that not even the most tired person could resist.

I laid on my side a bit so that I could watch whatever mindless show was on TV. Zacky flipped through the channels in hopes of finding something, but there was nothing since it was Saturday night.

His fingers ran gently through my hair; it was pretty relaxing, plus Zacky did it all the time when we were together, just like those nights under the stars on the beach.

I loved the feeling of being close to him again. It was a sense of comfort, just like the old days and that’s what I missed the most; just being close to him and the little displays of affection.

The feeling of his fingers through my hair was enough to make me feel drowsy. My eyes began to close, it was getting harder to even focus on the music channel that Zacky had turned to.

He shifted his body slightly and cleared his throat, which caused my eyes to open, but the started to close again. It’s like when you’re almost asleep and whatever noises are around you sound louder so it makes you jolt your eyes open at the loud sound. Well, that’s what it’s like for me anyways. It’s kind of weird.

“Rae?” He asked quietly.

I took in a deep breath and sighed, “hm?”

“Oh…were you asleep?”

I shook my head slightly and opened my eyes to glance at the TV, “just a little bit.”

I could tell he was smiling, he did that a lot more since we started talking again.

“If I asked you a question, would you answer honestly?”

“Am I supposed to answer that one honestly?” I giggled and he just shook his head with a smile.

“Yes, I would.”

“Just making sure,” he mumbled and took a hold of my left hand with his left.

“Okay…” I said quietly and shut my eyes.

The TV’s volume was turned down so that it was playing softly in the background, which was nice since I fall asleep to that at night. It’s calming and it gives me the sense that I’m not alone, even if someone is in the room with me.

More time passed and I was just about to slip into total silence and darkness until I felt Zacky’s hand lay on my cheek.

“Rae…will you marry me?” His voice was so quiet that almost didn’t catch what he said.

I sleepily nodded my head, “mhm…” At that point, I slipped into sleep with a smile gracing my lips.