I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Thirty-Two

Zacky and I spent the morning together. He actually made breakfast for the two of us and it’s been a long time since I’ve had a breakfast that good. Since I’m eating for two, he made pancakes, eggs, and some bacon with some orange juice to drink. It was great.

But the highlight of the breakfast date was the gift on my napkin. A white gold and ruby ring, which sparkled, no matter which direction the light was coming from. It was absolutely beautiful.

He ended up going out for the day, I think to go mess around with Brian, or something, I don’t really remember since I was in the shower at the time when he told me. I decided I wanted to be the one to pay someone a little visit. Lets just say Matt should be happy to see me today. He’s going to get an ear full. He thinks he can run my life, then turn his back on me, we’ll see about that. I was able to take care of myself from the beginning. He isn’t going to be an asshole to me anymore because I’ve had enough. If anything is the epicenter of my stress, Matt’s it and my doctor now knows that. She actually apologized to me at my last appointment when I told her what was going on since my blood pressure sky-rocketed since my last appointment.

I dressed in a red halter dress that bunched up at the bottom of my bust line, which definitely showed off my pregnant stomach. It stopped at my knees and I was actually lucky enough that my black leggings with lace at the ends still fit. I slipped on a pair of my small, wide-heeled sandals and called my outfit good. As for my hair, I just scrunched it with some mouse and spray gel. My make-up was simple, very light. Zacky had said a few days ago that it just made me glow more then I already was. I think he was trying to get brownie points, but oh well.

Half an hour later, I was at Matt’s house, ringing the door bell, and waiting for an answer. Val answered the door with a smile and hugged me. It’d been a while since Matt liked to make excuses for her not to come see Zack or myself at all.

“Hey, I never got to say congratulations,” I smiled and kissed her cheek.

Val giggled and kissed both of mine and stepped back, then patted her still flat stomach, “thanks. It’s just a matter of time before I’ll look like I swallowed a beach ball.”

“Oh please. You’ll look adorable when you start to show,” I said with a grin.

Val grabbed my hand and pulled me inside, then closed the door.

“So-”

“Is Matt here?” I asked suddenly.

She nodded slowly, probably beginning to prepare herself for world war three.

“He’s in the shower. He should be out in a few minutes,” I nodded and crossed my left leg over my right.

“Listen, I don’t know if you’ve talked to Matt at all about any of this, but just know that I don’t want you and I to fight like everyone else.”

Val smiled softly, “don’t worry, sweetie. Everyone else is just stuck their asses, don’t even worry about them. Work on their attitudes another time. But for right now, Matt is the biggest problem. Trust me, he’s gotten an earful for him being an asshole to you.”

I sighed and then smiled at her, “thank you, Val. You’re too nice for your own good.”

“No, I just know that you’re genuine. If anything, you’re like me. You won’t take that shit from anyone, including your own blood. So I don’t blame you for anything that you’ve done. You didn’t deserve any of it.”

There came footsteps down the stairs and Matt appeared, “Val, who’re you talking to-”

He spotted me and froze. I could have sworn his eyes got a colder look to them. I can match that look, maybe more, so I looked him dead in the eye.

Val stood from the couch and kissed the top of my head before walking over to Matt and putting her hand on the middle of his chest, “you two need to talk. I better not hear any screaming, slamming doors, or screeching tires or I’m kicking some ass.” She then walked out, leaving me sitting on the couch and Matt still standing at the bottom of the stairs.

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked up at him, “yes, we do need to talk.”

Matt rolled his eyes and took a seat on the leather recliner with a huff, “talk.”

“Fine, don’t you dare interrupt me until I’m done or I’m leaving and I ain’t doing shit for you anymore.” I took a breath and placed my hands in my lap. “What you’ve been doing and are doing isn’t fair in the least bit. I don’t understand what the hell I’ve ever done to you in order for you to treat me like some psycho adopted sister of yours. I’m a person just like you and everyone else. Sure, we all make mistakes. But you obviously can’t stand to watch someone do something that they want to do. You’ve told me ever since I could fucking coo to follow my heart, Matt. Always. You told me to tell Zacky I liked him, so I did. You told me that I should say yes to him asking me to be his girlfriend, I did. You told me to say yes to him to take me to your senior prom, I did. Then ask him to my senior prom. Then to go on tour all those fucking times. I did it because you told me to follow my heart every fucking time I asked you for advice! And now when I actually make my own choice without talking to you, you fucking call me a bitch and abandon me!”

By that point, tears filled my eyes and Matt leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, taking in every fucking word I said.

“I want to be able to make choices without having to talk to someone first! But you’re being a jackass when I’m thinking on my own!”

Matt sighed and closed his eyes and sighed. I wiped my own before the tears could fall.

“I moved in with Zacky because I wanted to. I’m in a relationship with him again because I want to. We’re…we’re getting married because I said yes…”

His eyes shot up to look at me.

“You’re serious?” He asked in a quiet voice.

“Yes…he asked me last night, Matt. And the first person I even thought of was you.”

“Why?”

“Because I wanted you to give me away like you did for Fae…but I knew you wouldn’t because you hate me and the choice I made.”

He got up from the recliner and kneeled on the floor in front of me, taking me shaking hands in his big ones and squeezed gently.

“Listen to me, Rae,” I nodded. “I don’t hate you. I just don’t like the fact that you’ve been hurt so many times by him and I don’t want it to happen again. I love you too damn much to watch you fall apart again. I’m so sorry for what I’ve done to you…I never meant any of it…okay? Please forgive me, Rae. I’m so sorry.” He spoke in a soft voice.

I sobbed and wrapped my arms around his neck in a hug, he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my left temple.

“Congratulations, Rae…I’m so happy for you…”

“Thank you Matt…”