I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Thirty-Six

“Jesus! You might as well put on a damn lab coat and stethoscope!” I groaned and tightened my fist full of fluffy pillow.

Zacky decided that he was going to play doctor as soon as we got home. He’s been following my doctor’s orders that were given to me. Obviously he was going to be doing her job because I apparently can’t take care of myself. Every time I needed to get up and use the bathroom, Zacky would help me. When I wanted to go to the living room, he was there to help me down the stairs. To the kitchen, backyard, the baby’s room, everywhere! He had to be on my arm.

Hell, he even brings my meals to our room on a tray with a little flower. It’s a nice thing to do, but it’s slowly starting to tick me off.

“Can’t babe, you’re pregnant,” he smirked and set the ice water on the coffee table.

“You nasty perv!” Zacky and his sexual innuendos.

He just grinned and sat down next to me, kissing my cheek. “You don’t like me helping you?” He began to stick his bottom lip out in a pout. To put it simply, he’s too cute to deny with his puffy lipped pout.

I sighed and brushed my hair back, “I never said that. I just don’t understand why you’re aiding me with every little thing. I am capable, Zacky…”

“I know…I’m just worried that if you stress your body too much…that the false labor will happen again or worse.” He grabbed my right hand with his left and laced out fingers together.

“You don’t have to worry…I know when enough is enough. But thank you for the help,” I turned and kissed his prickly cheek and he laughed.

“You know…” He turned to face me, but never let our hands go.

“No, tell me.” I giggled.

He growled playfully and poked my neck, which made me squeal.

“No…I wanted to tell you how great it is that…you know…things are back to the way they were with one exception.” He pointed down at my seven-month pregnant stomach.

“You’re not the only one to feel that way, Zacky. I mean, I know things are different, but that’s just the way life is. We just got to bite it in the butt!”

He laughed and nodded, “that’s very true…”

I leaned forward and kissed him, “thank you for being my doctor.”

Zack nodded again with a smile, but it was cut short when the doorbell rang. He got up and answered it, then soon, around the corner came Fae, the last person I ever expected to even show their face around me after all this crap.

“Rae…can we talk?” She asked in a quiet voice.

Zacky nodded from behind her, so I nodded and he walked out of the room without another word.

“Talk then. I’m not wasting anymore time.” I crossed my arms over my chest and rested them on top of my stomach.

Fae sat down on the love seat across from the couch that I was sat on and crossed her right leg over her left.

“Listen…Rae, I want to apologize.”

“For what, exactly? I already know, I just want to hear you say it.” I said flatly.

“For being a super bitch to you. I’m sorry that I was so mean to you about all of this, I was wrong.”

I nodded slightly with a shrug, “you’re right.” Fae looked up at me as I spoke. “You were wrong.”

She nodded at my words, so I continued. “Just like Matt, you’ve always told me to follow my heart every time I was unsure about something at first, so when I actually do, you turn your back. Don’t be going and saying that I was just going to get myself hurt again. I already heard that lecture and I don’t want it again, one sibling is enough. I know that Zacky was and is sincere about his apology. That’s all that matters. He’s been absolutely great since we talked. No problems what so ever besides my family and friends being assholes because I was doing something that I wanted for a change.”

“I know…” Fae said quietly. “I was just worried about you because you’ve already been through so much and I didn’t want to see you fall apart again.”

“That is where you are wrong, Fae. I’ve become stronger since I got pregnant and this whole thing with Zacky. I’m not naïve like I used to be. I can tell when things are going too far and part of me is in danger. I don’t need a lifeguard all the time.”

“I understand…”

“Good.”