I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Thirty-Seven

-Third Person P.O.V.-

“So, are we going to Johnny’s or what?” Johnny asked, impatiently from the backseat of Matt’s black Escalade.

“You’ll see when we get there!” Jimmy smacked Johnny upside his head and rolled his eyes.

The guys all decided to take Zacky out for a night, just to unwind and join in one last party before he had to seriously assume the task of being a father. Matt picked Zacky up from his and Rae’s place, telling him that they were going to go out.

Zacky had no choice. Besides, he knew this was going to be the last time in a while that he could be super evil Zacky. Matt pulled up in front of Johnny’s bar and parked, shut the car off and got out. Brian got out of the passenger’s seat, then Jimmy, Johnny, and Zacky out of the back. Matt clicked the alarm to set it, then all five of them walked in through the doors to their save haven.

It was just like old times. Drinking, laughing, telling stories, reminiscing, shooting pool and the occasional game of darts.

“I take it that all’s good with Rae and you?” Jimmy asked, taking a gulp of his chilled beer.

Zacky popped the cap off of his own bottle and took a swig, then nodded, “yeah, it’s pretty good.”

“Just out of curiosity-” Johnny started off, but was cut off by Jimmy.

“That killed the cat!” He laughed.

Brian shoved Jimmy’s left shoulder and motioned for Johnny to continue, “what possessed you to ask her to marry you, anyway?”

Zacky looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “Why wouldn’t I ask her?”

“I don’t know, I was just wondering. You guys are moving really fast.” Johnny added.

Zacky looked at him with questioning eyes and the mouth of the bottle to his lips. “So…?”

“Okay, you guys randomly make up, then move in together after you did this whole…nursery deal,” Johnny kicked back a shot of whiskey an continued, “she actually moves in, then you get engaged? That happened in like…what…a two week period?”

“It took longer then that, dumbass,” Matt rolled his eyes, Zacky nodded.

A while had passed and the guys were seriously starting to get even more drunk. Drink after drink, shot after shot. But being drunk only made their games far more fun to play. Completely missed the queue ball in a game of pool that no one had won.

Zacky finished his beer and went to the bar to order another Jack and Coke with two shots.

He leaned over the counter with his arms crossed to take a peek at all the different kinds of liquor and beer, most of which he’d had before.

“Boys night?” Came soft voice on Zacky’s left.

He turned around and came face to face with an attractive redhead. Dress in dark wash blue skinny jeans and a royal blue and silver sequin halter top.

“You could say that,” he replied with a smile and turned back to face the bar.

“What’s the occasion, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Um…” Zacky squinted his eyes, then blinked. “freedom, I guess.”

The woman laughed and went back to her fruity drink.

From that point on, the two talked for a few hours. They shared jokes and laughed. Sometimes their laughter carried through the rowdy bar, causing people to turn and look but just left it at two people having a good time.

“You really are something, Zack.” The girl giggled, her laughter simmering down to that.

Zacky had come to know her as Amber and that she was very bubbly, or maybe it was the alcohol talking.

“I’m told that all the time, don’t remind me.” Zacky chuckled and sipped the last of his beer.

“Well…if you ever wanna go out sometime, here’s my number,” Amber grabbed a napkin and a pen from her bag, then jotted down her cell number, handing it to him.

Zacky nodded and set his empty bottle on the bar’s counter top. “Will do.”

“Hope to see you around,” She threw her arms around his neck and leaned in. Zacky’s mind buzzed, fully knowing what was going to happen if she moved any closer.

When their lips were just millimeters apart, Zacky pulled away and gently pushed Amber back. Amber got a confused look on her face and looked up at him.

“I can’t, Amber.”

“Why not?” She asked softly and replaced her arms around his neck again.

Zacky looked into her eyes and blinked, “I’m engaged and I’m not fucking that up, sorry.”

And with that, Amber stomped out of the bar in a huff. Though Zacky couldn’t help but feel a hint of betrayal that he’d done towards Rae, that’s how he felt anyway.