I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Thirty-Eight

-Third Person P.O.V.-

It was just past two in the morning when the guys called it quits and Zacky was dropped off at his place. He fumbled with the front door’s lock and stumbled through the frame, pushing the door closed behind his drunken self.

Trying to stand up straight, Zacky popped his jaw and rubbed his hands over his tired face.

“Good lord…” he mumbled and walked through the small hallway that lead to the living room.

The sound of a shifting body and ruffling blankets sent sound waves from the lingo to Zacky’s ears. Zacky groaned from the sound and put his hands to his forehead as he walked over to see what was making the sound. Upon walking in, he spotted Rae laying restless on the small couch with her hand pressed to her stomach where her bellybutton poked out against her hot pink silk shirt.

That was when Zacky realized that he needed to talk to her before all was forgotten and his conscience nagged at him to talk to her, tell her what had happened.

Zacky stumbled over his own two feet and tumbled to the floor with a thud and a loud moan of pain. Rae shot up in a panic and looked around for the source of the sound and was already on alert if she had to run.

Peering through the darkness, Rae squinted and spotted Zacky’s outline as he sat up and rubbed his head in agony.

“Damn feet…” he grumbled and sighed, just sitting down and looking down at his hands that were placed in his lap in thought.

“Zacky?” Rae asked quietly, making Zacky jump from the sudden sound.

“Oh god…” He leaned his head back, panting from the scare with his right hand to his heart.

“I’m sorry…are you alright? I heard you fall.”

He nodded, even though she couldn’t see it. But as for the ‘being okay’, he wasn’t sure. He felt like he’d betrayed her even though he’d turned the girl down at the bar. Zacky felt that Rae had the absolute right to know what happened. This relationship wasn’t going to be based on secrets and lies. Truth is what the both of them wanted because they knew that with the way they lied, this relationship would turn into some kind of catastrophe, just like before.

“You sure?” Rae swung her legs over the side of the couch and sat down on the floor to Zacky’s left after tapping the touch light, turning it on to the lowest setting.

Zacky’s eyes were blood shot. He’d consumed a lot of alcohol; surprisingly he wasn’t hugging the toilet bowl, but looking at his baby’s beautiful mother. Wrapping her arms gracefully around his neck, she leaned her forehead against his and looked into his green eyes, mixed with red whites; almost like Christmas.

Zacky’s couldn’t look into her eyes though, he just couldn’t. No matter what the outcome was with the girl at the bar, there was still that extreme guilt that nagged at his mind and it was driving him almost insane.

I’m not insane

Zacky wrapped his arms around Rae’s waist and pulled her into his lap so that she was straddling him. Leaning down, he pressed his nose softly into the skin of her neck and just breathed in. The sweet smell of sweat pea and her vanilla-coconut perfume.

“Zacky…you’re worrying me…what’s wrong?” Rae asked quietly and kissed the top of his head, in the mess of his black hair.

Zacky laid a soft kiss against the skin and sighed, allowing her scent to leave him.

“I’m sorry…”

Rae creased her eyebrows and tightened her arms around his neck, just enough to show him that she was there, “for what?”

“There was a girl…at the bar…”
Just hearing those words made Rae’s heart rate beat faster, “we talked…had a few drinks…she tried to move in but I wouldn’t let her…I wouldn’t hurt you like that…”

Rae nodded slightly, just taking in everything that he said.

Zacky kissed her neck again and ran his hands up and down her back, under her silky night shirt. With a sigh, Rae leaned against him, loving the feeling of his hands against her skin.

“It’s okay, Zacky. I promise…I don’t know why you’re apologizing…”

“I feel like I’ve hurt you…”

She shook her head against his shoulder and smiled, “you didn’t…everything is fine…”

“You’re not mad?”

“No…you did a very good thing,” Rae sat back up and looked deep into his eyes.

“I did?” She nodded.

“Still…I’m sorry…” Zacky pressed his lips to hers, which she welcomed, gladly.

They held onto each other tighter, as if the other was going to float away and never come back. They continued to share the kiss. Since sleeping down stairs was useless, Zacky carried Rae up to their room, where they continued to stay in each other’s embrace. They kissed continuously until the early ours of the morning when the sky was starting to lighten, falling asleep with her back to his chest, his hand resting under her stomach, and her hand on top of his with their fingers laced together.