I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Thirty-Nine

The sun was bright, the air was warm, the water was blue, and everyone was out having a good time. Even though it was October, I was surprised at how warm it was today. In a month and a half, little Emily should be here.

Matt decided to take Fae and I out for the day, to spend it as siblings. Ever since all the fights and make-ups, we haven’t really spent time with each other. I’ve been busy preparing for Emily and Matt and Val have been getting things planned out for their bundle of joy that is on its way.

Yes, two of the Sanders children are on their ways to being parents. There’s only one left; Fae.

“This is going to sound really weird, but have you and Brian decided when you were going to start making spawn?” Matt asked, taking a sip of his strawberry shaved ice.

I snickered at the look on Fae’s face at what just came out of Matt’s mouth. Here he flipped his lid when we talked about having kids a few years ago, now he wants to know when he can be an uncle again.

“I don’ know,” Fae shrugged and looked up at the sun with her sunglass covered eyes. “We haven’t really walked about it. I think he wants to wait.”

“He’s not getting any younger.” I giggled, which made Fae slap my arm.

“I wasn’t saying he was old or ugly…although-”

“Watch it, Rae Marie!” Fae smirked and tossed a beach towel at my face.

I growled through the material and threw it back at her.

“Okay, I give!” Fae threw her hands up in defeat. Somehow I feel like she let me ‘win’.

“Wow, dude…” I head Matt sigh and lean back on his beach towel.

Fae laid down on her stomach and rested her chin in the palm of her left hand, “what?”

“We’re all growing up and shit…two of the guys are married, two are engaged…kids on the way. What next?” Matt listed, placing his hands behind his head.

“Grandkids.” I said with a straight face and Matt shot up, glaring at me.

“Not funny.”

I just grinned and kissed his dimpled cheek, “no, it wasn’t funny, it was hilarious.” Fae giggled.

I snorted and covered my mouth. We’re twins, you can tell.

“But you’re right, you know.” Fae patted Matt’s leg, “we’re all growing up. The band is doing great. I think it’s about time we all started settling down.”

“True.” I crossed my legs Indian style and placed my hands in my lap.

“So how far along is Val?” Fae asked before she sipped her cherry-pineapple iced drink.

Matt slipped his aviators over his eyes and put his hands back behind his head, “two months. The baby should be here in mid or late May.”

“Have you guys talked about if you want a boy or a girl?” I poked at his cheek, he just growled lowly and moved over away from me.

“I don’t want a girl. Two sisters is hard enough.”

“Oh you’re mean!” Fae crossed her arms and pouted.

I glared and flicked his nose, “maybe now you understand why I didn’t want a boy. He’d probably turn out like you, a meanie.”

“Who are you calling mean?” Matt sat up and pointed an accusing finger at me.

“Turn your hand around and you’ll know.” I smirked and crossed my arms over my chest.

“…Touché, Rae…touché.”

“No, you’re going to be a great dad, Matt. I can’t wait to see you hold your baby.” Fae smiled, I nodded in agreement.

“Well what about you? I wanna see you guys hold your kids for the first time.” Matt said.

“Soon, babe, soon.” I patted my stomach gently and smiled.

“Hopefully some day. Brian and I just want to make sure that we’ll be stable enough before we try for that goal.” Fae started putting on more sun block.
I grinned and helped her with her back. “You’ll be a good mommy, Fae. No matter what gender that Brian demon will be.”

“No room to talk; you and Zacky spawn.”

“That’s your niece, missy.”

“And so are my future kids.”

I blinked, and lowered my head, “damn it.”

Fae and Matt laughed at my ignorance, I started laughing soon after.

“I love Emily already…” Fae said quietly.

“I’m sure our niece loves you too, hun.” Matt kissed both our heads.