I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Forty

Everything needs to be perfect. Nothing less then perfect. I don’t want Emily to come home to a mess…

Zacky invited the girls over to help me get everything together since I screamed at him every time he moved something. I think I’ve scared him a bit, he’s never seen me yell like that before, at least I don’t think so.

“Babe, you need to tone it down a bit.” Zacky stepped up behind me, wrapping his arms around my swollen middle and kissing my neck.

“I don’t need to tone it down, I don’t want to tone it down,” I said lowly, a slight growl at the end.

Zacky sighed, the hot air brushed past my neck. He was getting frustrated with me, but at this point, I really didn’t care.

“You’re going to stress yourself out and that isn’t a good thing. Please…calm down, for Emily at least?” Patting my stomach softly, I turned around and looked straight at him.

“Fine, but only for her,” I sighed in defeat.

He kissed my lips quickly and smiled, “thank you. Now, do you want anything to drink or snack on?”

Pursing my lips and crossing my arms, I looked around in thought. When I spotted Fae making up the crib, I giggled and turned back to Zacky, “I want some Walter.”

Fae busted up laughing from behind me, Zacky shook his head and left the room, but was laughing quietly to himself.

I turned around and looked at Fae and raised my arms a bit, asking her what her problem was, “what?”

“Walter…” She giggled and laid the black and brown teddy bear against the little pink pillow.

“So I’m not allowed to take Syn Gate’s line? He married into this family so I can copy him if I want to.” I smirked.

“I’ll tell him you said that.” Fae sat down on the rocking chair an pulled her hair over her left shoulder.

“Tell me what?” Brian poked his head through the door.

“That I’m allowed to copy you because you married into this family,” I grinned and looked at him.

“Oh, here’s your WALTER by the way,” he smirked and handed me the glass.

I took it and sipped, “exactly, Gates.”

Brian walked over and kissed Fae’s cheek, “how are things coming?”

“Pretty good, we’re just waiting for Gena and Michelle to get back with the extra diapers and stuff,” Fae yawned.

The front door closed shut after some muffled voices. Two pairs of feet ascended the stairs, then Gena and Michelle appeared in the doorway with two bags each.

Michelle set the diapers next to the changing table and sat down in front of them, “Zacky wanted us to tell you that he was go out for a bit to get some things, said he should be back in about an hour.”

“Okie dokie,” I smiled and sat at the bay window. “Thanks for the info.”

“Alright, I got you some baby shampoo and some baby wash clothes.” Gena stacked the items in the cabinet.

“Thanks, guys. I’d probably lose my head by doing all of this myself because you know Zacky would have run away to hide somewhere until the hormones stopped.”

The other’s laughed and I smiled.

“It’s no problem. You’ll really lose your head when the baby comes and you can’t sleep. Up all night, fixing bottles and changing diapers.” Michelle closed the cupboard and put the reusable fabric bags in the closet.

“I know…I think Zack and I are prepared a little bit for that, but I’m not sure.”

“Everything will be okay, we promise.” Brian smiled.