I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Forty-Four

-Third Person P.O.V.-

“Gena, I need you to call Fae and Matt and let them know about what’s going on.” Zacky said quietly and rubbed the back of his neck.

Gena nodded slowly and gave him a reassuring smile, “it’ll be fine, Zack. This just means you have to mature a few years in a matter of a few hours.”

Zacky glared at her, but not in an angry way. He knew she was right. Before they came to the hospital, they’d caught Gena on their way out to the car. Gena was headed over to the house with some of Rae’s favorite clam chowder, but it was left in the fridge and she followed Rae and Zacky to the hospital.

“I’ll call them, just go be with her, she needs you.”

“I’m going,” Zack yawned a bit and turned around, walking into Rae’s personal room.

Gena slung her white Gucci bag over her shoulder and headed out of the hospital doors, her cell phone in hand to alert the Sanders family of what was going down with their youngest sibling.

Zacky shut the door quietly behind him since Rae was resting. Her contractions had become almost unbearable and brought her to tears every single time one squeezed at her abdomen. Zacky couldn’t help but smile at her relaxed form. Rae’s hands lay gently on top of her soon to be deflated belly, her eyes closed and hair pulled over her shoulder.
Zacky walked over and took a seat on the bed, careful not to wake her. He ran his knuckles delicately over the left side of her jaw and down her neck; he could see goose bumps pop up along her arms. He just chuckled quietly and kissed her pouted lips.

Rae groaned and her hands gripped at her stomach, her eyes squeezed shut tightly. Another contraction was taking the life out of her, almost literally, considering it’s what held the baby be born. Zacky quickly took a hold of one of her hands and allowed her to squeeze as tight as she wanted and needed to. His pain was nothing compared to hers and he didn’t complain, not once.

“It’s okay, baby…I promise. It’ll be over soon…”

Whimpering, tears pushed through Rae’s tight eyelids, “it hurts…”

“I know…do you want or need me to get you anything?” He rubbed his free hand over her stomach in hopes to sooth her, even if it was only a tiny bit.

“I…want the…doctor…” Rae sobbed between words and yelped.

“Okay, hold on and I’ll be right back, okay?” He kissed her forehead, then left the room.

Zacky came back a few moments later, Rae’s doctor close behind him.

“I have an epidural for you, if you’ve changed your mind, Rae.” Doctor Stacy Allen smiled warmly.

“I’ll do anything…this just hurts too much…” Rae whimpered again.

Stacy nodded and pulled a needle with a clear liquid out of the drawer in the room after unlocking it with her keys.

“Alright, I know this will be a bit uncomfortable, but I need you to sit up and put you legs over the side of the bed.”

Zacky walked over to Rae’s right side and took her hands. Reluctantly, Rae sat up with moans and groans of pain. She finally sat up; Zacky stood between her legs and held her hands in his own. Rae leaned her forehead against his chest as he kissed her neck to try and calm her.

Stacy removed the plastic cover from the needle and pushed the syringe until there was no air, then walked up behind Rae. She wiped an alcohol, sterilized pad over Rae’s lower back, then discarded the cloth.

“Alright, this is going to hurt a small bit, but I promise you that you’ll feel a lot better very soon.”

Rae nodded slightly, then Zacky nodded at Stacy.

“She’s ready.”

“Okay, here we go,” Stacy pushed the needle into Rae’s back.

Rae bit her tongue to keep in her cries, but the feeling was soon gone. Stacy removed the needle a few seconds later and threw it in the bin and closed Rae’s hospital gown.

“There you go, dear, you can lay back down now.” Stacy smiled, “I’ll be back in half an hour to check your dilation.

Rae sighed and laid back, pulling her blanket up to her chin, “thank you…” she mumbled.

Stacy nodded with a smile and left the room, leaving Zacky and Rae alone. Rae looked at the clock on the wall and smiled a bit.

December 11, 2007 - 12: 11 A.M.

“Happy Birthday, Zack…”

Zacky smiled and leaned down, placing a soft kiss on her lips, “thank you, baby…”

“I love you, Zacky.”

“I love you too, Rae.”