I Treated You So Wrong

Chapter Eight

Zacky had grabbed me by my bottom jaw and moved closer to my face so I could feel his hot breath against my lips and smell the faint scent of cigarettes. I squeezed my eyes shut and whimpered, feeling his grip tighten so I couldn’t move, it hurt. I hadn’t stopped crying since I started and with Zacky being like this now, it was only scaring me more and wishing that no one had found me half way between life and death.

“What’s the matter love?” I could just hear the smirk in his voice, “I thought you wanted me…to feel me…to have me by your side…to help you with this…” he put his hand back on my stomach and gently, for whatever reason, squeezed the skin in his palm.

Zacky moved closer to where his lips were just barely brushing against my own. I bravely opened my eyes, peering into his and I could point out every speck of green and small amount of brown.

He visibly smirked, his snakebites brushing against my skin, “what’s the matter babe? Cat got your tongue?”

My body heaved with a sob while I felt his hand move lower down my stomach, down past the bulge and to a spot where a hand should never go unless it was needed, and in this case, it wasn’t.

“This is what you want, Rae. You can’t deny it…” he pushed his hand closer to my body.

I’d had enough. I yanked my head away and threw the back of my needled hand into his already bruised and swollen cheek. Zacky stumbled, but regained his composure faster then I thought. There was a knock at the door, the same time Zacky pulled his balled fist back. The door was pushed open slowly, Zacky hadn’t noticed, but I looked out the corner of my eye and spotted a wide eyed Matt.

“Baker, you keep your mother fucking hands off of her!” Matt’s voice roared through the room.

Zacky quickly and nervously turned to face his band mate, “no need to worry Matt, we were just having a chat. See them tears of hers? They’re of happiness.”

You lying bastard.

I shook my head and wiped my eyes with the back of my right hand.

“Matt…” I managed to choke out.

Zacky’s head snapped towards me, a look of pure evil and hate present in his green eyes. For the second time in my life, and only in the past ten minutes, I was scared of Zachary James Baker.

Matt glared and stomped over, grabbing Zacky by the back of his left arm, “get the fuck out of here. I’d hate to have to kill you right now.”

Zacky looked from Matt, then to me, “don’t you even look at her. Get the fuck out, Baker!” Matt spat and pushed Zacky towards my room door.

He stumbled forward and caught himself with the wall. Zacky pulled the door open, but turned around and looked me dead in the eyes, “this isn’t over, Rae Marie Sanders,” he then walked out, the door softly clicking behind him.

I looked down at my hands, then covered my face with them and sobbed, the tears that I was shedding wet my palms. The bed sifted on my right side, then I felt Matt’s arms pull my into a gentle hug.

“It’s okay, Rae…I promise…” he leaned down and kissed the top of my head.

“You stopped him…” I whimpered.

“From hurting you, I know.”

“No…he…he…”

“Sh…just relax, okay?”

“Will you stay with me?” I asked in a whispered and wiped my eyes, then removed my hands.

Matt nodded and laid down next to me, “I’ll stay as long as you like…”

I guess…I failed to mention Matt’s the older brother that I never had to ask for…He’s mine and Fae’s protector, our savior. He’d die before he’d ever let anything happen to us…

I leaned my head on his shoulder and grabbed his left hand, lacing my fingers with his, just as we used to do when we were kids, “thank you…”

I felt him nod gently, then all went silent besides the breathing machine and the steady beat of the heart monitor.