First Time

Fifteen

It had been 3 weeks since my hospital trip and we had started travelling again. And Joe was driving me crazy! He was always by my side and when he couldn't, he would be texting and ringing me to see if I was okay. "That bloody boy." I muttered, throwing myself onto the couch in Kevin and Danielle's hotel room.

"What's wrong now?" She asked me as she was putting lip gloss on. She made eye contact with me through the mirror.

"He is driving me crazy! Seriously crazy. He is always attached to my side, always checking if I'm okay and if Sophie is okay. It's fine for him to do it but not every minute of every day." I complained, making Danielle laugh. "I could kill him."

"He is just concerned, Allie. After you being taken into hospital, he is just worried." I shook my head, disagreeing with her.

"There is being concerned and then there is being overbearing." I replied. She turned around to look at me, still laughing to herself.

"You're got 12 weeks left before this baby comes. It's now the start of February and you are due the end of April. When you think about it, it really isn't that long." I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. Danielle sat beside me, giving me a sympathetic look. "I know you want some space from Joe, that's why I've come up with this spectacular idea."

"That's a first for you." I muttered, earning a slap on the arm. I turned to Dani, grinning. "What is your spectacular idea then, Mrs Jonas?"

"We have a girls night tonight." I looked at her, as if to say 'what?' She rolled her eyes at me. "We can paint each others nails and wear face masks. All in our pyjamas."

"Like we are 16 again?" I said, laughing at her. She pouted and I felt bad. "Sounds wonderful Dani." I patted her hand and a smile came on her lips. "But how do we get the boys away? It's not like Joe isn't going to go without a fuss."

"They will have no choice." Danielle said in a way that scared me slightly. "Lets go, the car has to be here by-" A knocking on the door alerted us. We both stood up to see Jeff walk into the room. "I thought you were with the boys?" Danielle asked as we left the room to get into the elevator.

"I'm on strict instructions from Joe." I rolled my eyes as we went pass the floors. The doors opened up to the underground parking of the hotel.

"Stupid Joe." I muttered as we walked to the car. "He shouldn't be worrying about me, he should be worrying about himself."

"We have more capable security than me, Allie." Jeff said as we arrived at the car. I went to get into the front but Jeff stopped me. "Joe said you should sit in the back."

"I am going to kill him." I seethed, moving so Danielle could sit in the front. I climbed into the back seat, pouting to myself. Danielle laughed as we pulled away.

"He is only trying to look after you." She encouraged. I glared at her, making her raise her eyebrows.

"What was this spectacular plan of yours?" I said through gritted teeth.

"Okay. So while we are getting all girly, they are going to hit the town." I narrowed my eyebrows at Danielle, who knew exactly what I was about to ask. "We are going to speak to the band, and Nick and Kevin about kidnapping him after the show and getting him drunk."

"Which gives us the evening in piece and everyone else time to relax." I finished, grinning.

"This seems like a okay plan." Jeff threw his input in, whilst keeping his eyes on the road. "But how are you going to get Allie away from Joe? He is stuck to her like glue."

"So I'm not the only one who thinks so!" I shouted, pointing at Jeff. I received a soft kick, telling me I was being too loud for little Sophie. "So, Danielle, how do we do it?"

"Simple." She replied, like it was obvious to me. "We don't let Joe see her after the show. I take Allie with me back to the hotel, and keep her in my room. Let the boys get ready for Joe will believe as an evening out with everyone. Then let them go and we stay behind."

"Do you really think that is going to work?" I asked Danielle, narrowing my eyebrows. We pulled up outside the arena, hearing the screams of thousands of fans. I waved at a few before we went to the underground parking. We all got out of the car, grabbing our belongings.

"I hope it will work." She replied, as we followed Jeff into the back room where everyone was. "Because if it doesn't, me and Gabby put a lot of hard work into this. And we are going to be pissed."

"Gabby?" I asked Danielle as we walked into the back room.

"What?" I turned around to see her sitting with Frankie, watching him playing some game on the Xbox.

"When did you get here?" I asked her, moving around to give her a hug.

"About 12pm. So like 3 hours ago." She replied, giving me a squeeze. "How are you?" I glared at her. She burst into laughter, shaking her head. "I'm kidding. Joe been driving you crazy?"

"Joe has been driving everyone crazy." Frankie said, not taking his eyes off the screen. I laughed, glancing at Denise who was reading a magazine next to Paul. "He really has been."

"That's your brother you're talking about, Franklin." Denise warned him. He shrugged his shoulders, not even looking at her. "But he has been a little over the top." We all burst into laughter.

"Where are they anyway?" I asked, looking around as if they were hiding in the room somewhere. Frankie paused his game to point up. We all sat in silence before hearing the bang of a drum. "Soundcheck, right." I replied. I moved to sit on the spare couch, Danielle and Gabby sitting beside me.

"So is the plan in action?" Gabby asked, smirking at me. I nodded my head, letting a breath of air out. "Great, I've brought the chocolate."

"And you are my favourite person now." I leant over and pressed a kiss against her cheek. "So what time does the plan kick in tonight?"

"The concert finishes at 10:30, give or take. We will be leaving here straight away, the two of you getting in a car with me. And then we hide out in my room until they leave and we have our night." Danielle said.

"Sweet." I yawned.

"If Allie can stay awake that long." Gabby muttered, making us laugh. Greg and John Taylor walked into the room, making a lot of noise. "Just the people we want."

"Ladies." Greg walked towards us, a glint in his eye. I rolled my own, knowing what he was going to say. "I'm flattered but you are married." He pointed at Danielle. "You're pregnant." He pointed at me. "And our boy Nicholas is still hung up on you. Can't do that to a brother." He said to Gabby, making her laugh.

"Not like that!" Danielle said, laughing to herself. "We need you to take the boys out and get them drunk."

"Well, why didn't you say earlier?" John Taylor almost yelled, making Sophie in my belly jump. "Lets go!" He announced.

"Not now!" Denise stopped them before they left. "After the show!"

"Damn it, Denise. You always ruin our fun."

* * *

Just as the last notes of Burnin' Up were hit, I felt a hand on my arm. I turned around from staring at Joe to see Danielle and Gabby grinning at me. "Ready?"

"Yeah, let's go." I replied. I followed them, quickly, into the back room. I grabbed everything I needed and followed them to the car waiting for us.

"In the back please, Miss Allie." I rolled my eyes at the driver, Cameron and slid into the backseat with Gabby.

"So has Joe told every driver that I need to be in the backseat." I asked him as he tore his way through the fans waiting outside the parking.

"Basically yeah." He replied, laughing softly to himself. I heard my phone ringing so I pulled it out of my bag to see that it was Joe.

"Hello." I answered, trying not to laugh.

"What happened? I thought you were travelling with me." He moaned.

"Joe, the hotel is like 5 minutes away. I think I can do that by myself, don't you?"

"Who are you with?" He asked.

"Gabby and Danielle." I heard a clearing of a throat and I looked at the driver. "And Cameron."

"Are you in the back?"

"Yeah Joe." I said, getting more annoyed at him as time went on. "Look, I'll see you back at the hotel, okay?"

"Okay, love you."

"You too. Bye." I said, hanging up. I tossed my phone into my bag and let out an aggravated sound.

"He really is bad, isn't he?" Gabby asked, looking over at me. I nodded my head, sighing.

"Ever since I left the hospital, he has been attached to me. I can't even pee without him knowing where I'm going. It's nice to have him with me, but not all the time!" I ranted. They all looked at me, shocked. "It's like he is trying to make up for something."

"Maybe he is just worried about you, Allie." Gabby smiled at me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Let's hope tonight shows him a lesson really." I replied as we showed up at the hotel. "Or at least gets him to forget about us for a few hours."

"Let's go, quickly." Gabby threw the door open and I slid over the chair to climb out. We pushed our way past the mass of cameras and fans. We heard massive group of screams so we rushed into the elevator, assuming it was the boys. "Right, they will be out there for a good 5 minutes because Paul is making them sign stuff so we can get our stuff."

"Meet me at my room in 2 minutes." She said as we got to our floor. We almost ran down the corridor and into our rooms. I threw off my clothes and pulled my pyjamas on. I grabbed a few things I guessed I needed. I ran across the hallway and banged on the door. She opened it just as the elevator made a noise that suggested it was on our floor. "Gabby will have to wait until the boys are clear." She said. We heard the door open and we both spun around to see Kevin looking at us.

"Why are you both in your pyjamas?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. We looked at each other.

"You can't tell anyone!" Danielle pointed at him. He nodded his head, sharply. "Allie is sick of Joe, so you lot are getting him drunk. Well, you aren't getting him drunk, just get him away from Allie for the night. We are having a girly night."

"That's all fine and everything, but why have I got to keep my mouth shut?" He asked, obviously confused.

"Do you really think Joe will go if I'm staying here?" I asked him in reply. He debated it to himself before laughing.

"No, good point." He replied, still laughing. "He is being pretty bad."

"Don't." Danielle warned him. "If you start her off, I will kill you." Suddenly there was a loud and quick banging on the door. I went to sit on the couch while Danielle answered it.

"Shit." Gabby swore, throwing herself into the room. Kevin rolled his eyes, making me laugh, and walked into the bedroom. I heard him crank the shower on so I turned my attention to Gabby and Danielle.

"What's up?" I asked, as she threw her onezie clad self onto the couch next to me. She looked like she had a terrible shock.

"Nick." She breathed out, running a hand across her face. "Shit."

"What happened?" I asked once more, sounding more encouraging than last time. She looked at me, almost crying. I looked over at Danielle who sat on the arm of the couch. "Gabby."

"He just grabbed me outside and kissed me." She said, letting the tears roll down her cheeks. I sent a worrying look at Danielle who was looking at me in the same way. "He told me he loved me and couldn't live without me."

"What's wrong with that?" Danielle asked softly, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, allowing Gabby to rest her head against her legs. "Isn't that what you want?"

"No." She shook her head, wiping the tears off her face. I panicked slightly inside and turned back to Gabby. "I'd finally convinced myself that I didn't need Nick and then today-" She suddenly stopped.

"Today made you realise that you do?" I finished. She nodded her head, a fresh batch of tears rolling down her cheeks. "So what are you going to do about it?"

"I'm going to go home. Tomorrow. And forget everything about Nick Jonas."

"Trust me, that doesn't work." I muttered, giving her a side look. She shrugged her shoulders. "You have another option." I replied, making them both turn to look at me. "You go to his room and tell him you can't be without him."

"That's not good, for either of us." She denied. I really wanted to shout at her for doing exactly what I did but I knew that it wouldn't change her mind. My phone rang from it's place on the table. I grabbed it, seeing it was Joe. I answered straight away.

"Where are you?" He asked, sounded panicked.

"Somewhere else." I replied, smiling to myself. I walked into the kitchen area to talk to him in private. "We are both safe."

"So why aren't you here with me?" I could imagine him pouting to himself.

"Because at the moment, you are a massive pain!" I finally snapped. "Joe, ever since I left that hospital, you've been attached to me like glue. It gets a little overbearing."

"Oh." He sounded disappointed. "Sorry."

"I love spending time with you baby." I said, smiling to myself. "But there is sometimes where I need some space before the baby comes. And tonight is my space night."

"Okay." He sighed. I wanted to walk over to our room and just hug him. "I'm sorry, I really didn't realise what I was doing."

"Babe, it's fine. Because now you know. Go out with the boys tonight and have fun, okay? Drink as much as you like and have a good time. If anything happens, I'll ring you. And if you don't answer, I'll ring Kevin, I know he isn't drinking tonight."

"I love you, Aleah. I hope you know that." He whispered, making my heart flutter. I grinned to myself.

"I love you too Joseph." I whispered, laughing softly. "Have fun with your boys tonight. And then come home to your girls."

"There isn't any other way I would like to finish my evening. With my two favourite people." He replied.

"Go and get ready. You've got an hour. Have fun baby."

"Love you." We said our goodbyes before I walked back into the lounge. Gabby had stopped crying and they had cracked open the chocolate.

"Mmm, chocolate." I said, sitting on the spare couch by myself. The both of them laughed before I was tossed a whole bar to myself. "Thanks." I said, tucking into the chocolate. "That's right, Sophie. We have a whole bar to ourselves." We watched a little bit of TV, before Kevin made an appearance.

"Dani, babe." We heard Kevin shout from their bedroom. "I need some help sweetie!" We laughed as Danielle climbed off the couch and walked into the room. I started to eat the chocolate before Gabby started to talk to me.

"You don't agree with what I'm doing, do you?" I turned to look at her, shaking my head when I did.

"Not in the slightest. I've done that, I've been there." I replied. "And you saw what happened to both me and Joe."

"It's different. With me and Nick."

"I really don't think it is, Gabby. He loves you, you love him. It's pretty much the same as what I did." I said, eating another square of chocolate. "So, no I don't agree with it. Because I know how both of you are going to feel. And it will hurt you as much as it will hurt Nick. There is no going back after that."

"How do I look ladies?" He asked, walking in, looking rather made up. I grinned at him, standing up.

"You look great, Kevin." I said, running my hand across his shoulder. I didn't turn back to look at Gabby, because what she was going to do pissed me off.

* * *

I was lying, asleep in bed when I heard a loud bang. I had spent almost 3 hours with Gabby and Danielle, the awkwardness between me and Gabby obviously clear. I slowly sat up and turned on the light. "Sorry baby." Joe whispered as he walked into the bedroom. I smiled at him.

"It's fine, babe." I replied, stifling a yawn behind my hand. "What time is it anyway?"

"3am." He replied, pulling his clothes off. "How are you?"

"Fine." I whispered, leaning back into the pillows. "How are you?"

"Is that the way of asking me if I'm drunk?" Joe said, raising an eyebrow at me. "Because if it is, I'm not. I've had three."

"I was just asking." I replied, grinning at him. He laughed and climbed into bed. I laid down next to him, turning to look at him.

"Sorry I've been so overbearing." He whispered, tiredly. I gave him a gentle smile in reply. "You know why I have been doing it though."

"I understand that you're worried about us, Joe." And I did understand. "But sometimes you can be too full on. You just need to believe me when I say I'm fine."

"But you didn't tell me last time." He whispered, sticking his lip out in a pout. "So how am I meant to know if you are telling me the truth this time?"

"Trust me." I said. "I know it is hard, but after what I went through last time, I'll be telling you if anything happens."

"I was so scared when I got that message that you were in hospital. I nearly threw up. I was in such a state of panic, I didn't think that I could drive." He admitted. I looked over at him, feeling really bad for him. "But then you were fine, and all that panic released from me. I don't know what j would do if anything happened to either of you."

"Joe-" I started before hearing a slam outside. "What the hell was that?" Joe shook his head and climbed out of bed. I jumped out, following him. He pulled the door open to reveal the both of us, Joe only in his boxers and me in my pyjamas. We stared down the corridor to see Nick and Gabby having a face off. I looked down the other end to see everyone else on the floor, staring.

"Please don't leave, Gabby." I heard Nick's voice crack. I pushed my way from Joe to walk up behind Nick, who had his back to me. "Please don't do this to me."

"I can't stay here, with you Nick. It hurts me every time I see you. I can't stop hearing the words in my head that you said that night." Gabby replied, making me breathe out. I felt so helpless with Nick. "I have to get away from you."

"Please stay? I'd do anything. Please?"

"I can't." She shook her head, grabbing the handle of her suitcase.

"Gabby-" Nick started. I leant forwards, grabbing his shoulder. He turned to me, his whole face looking tired. I felt really bad for him. I glanced over at Gabby, his eyes following mine. At that moment, I felt hatred for Gabby. Because she was about to do what I did, and at this moment, she could change it all, she has that chance.

"If she wants to go, let her," I said, emotionless. I knew what I was saying was going to hurt both Nick and Gabby, more so Gabby as these were the words she said to me before I left. "There isn't obviously anything holding her here."

"Allie-" Gabby started, looking at me. I shook my head, telling her I wasn't going to let her do this to Nick.

"Save him the heartbreak, walk away now." The whole corridor went dead silent as we all waited for her next move. I could see the tears gathering up in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. Everyone." Gabby said, before disappearing into the elevator. I let out a deep breathe of air, before Nick turned to me. I thought, from the look on his face, that he was going to scream at me, tell me that I shouldn't have said that, but he did. All he did was burst into tears. I grabbed his shoulders, pulling him into a hug.

"This would be a better hug if there wasn't someone in between us." He laughed through his tears. I giggled.

"She wants her Uncle Nick to feel better." And as if she had heard me, gave a kick from my stomach, hitting Nick's. He laughed again, pulling away from me.

"Thanks Soph." He rubbed the top of my belly, before looking at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"It's 3am, I've got alcohol in my system and the girl I'm madly in love with, has just walked out of my life. For what I guess is forever. I could be better." He stopped and looked over my shoulder. "And my entire family just watched it."

"You okay, Nick?" Joe asked. Nick shrugged his shoulders.

"Everyone, back to bed." Denise called and we heard slamming doors in reply. I turned around to see Joe, who nodded his head and shut the door too. I looked at Nick and gave him some attempt at smiling. He sighed, wiping his face.

"So I guess you're staying with me tonight?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I laughed, nodding my head

"I don't want you to be alone." I replied, following him into his room. "What happened?" I asked as we climbed onto the couch.

"Did she tell you I kissed her early?" He asked. I nodded my head in reply. "Well, after she ran off. I'm assuming to tell you lot. And then after our night out, she was waiting for me in my room and she just told me she was leaving. I couldn't get her to stay."

"She told me." I replied. Nick turned his head around so quickly to look at me, I could have sworn he had whiplash. I shifted on the couch, turning to look at him and crossed my legs. "She told me she was going to leave. I told her she was stupid and I got really pissed with her. I told her it wasn't right to do this to you, and I would know because I did it with Joe. She wouldn't believe me."

"At least you tried." He sighed. I patted his knee. "You don't have to stay tonight."

"I miss you." I replied, out of the blue. Nick laughed softly before giving me a questioning look. "When Sophie comes, we won't be able to hang out that much."

"I know." Nick pouted, making me laugh. "You'll have a baby to look after. And Sophie." I burst into laughter, shaking my head. "You and Joe."

"What about us?" I asked as I rubbed my stomach.

"I didn't think this is how you would get back together." When I narrowed my eyebrows, Nick sighed. "Getting pregnant. I thought that you would get back together naturally."

"Me too." I replied, pursing my lips. "But the good thing is that we are back together."

"When you told me you were pregnant, I panicked. I thought that when you told Joe, he would just turn you away."

"What do you mean?" I replied.

"When he was with Rose, they spoke about kids. And Joe said that he wasn't ready for them yet. Down the line, maybe, but not anytime soon. He wanted to concentrate on his music, our music and the projects he was doing."

"So you thought that when I was going to tell him, that he would push me away?"

"Pretty much." Nick replied, sending me a hesitant smile. "But when we went round there, after he found out, he didn't give it a second thought. He was telling us how he wanted to a family, with you. After everything that you done, he still wanted to be with you. To bring Sophie up together."

"Well, that's what I wanted." I replied. "That what I wanted from Joe too."

"But it seemed weird, that Joe said he didn't want kids and then when you told him, he wanted them." Nick said, obviously confused. I shrugged my shoulders in reply.

"It wasn't unknown to me that Joe still loved me. I knew that and I loved him. So, I think that made it easier. Not massively, just slightly. He made the decision up all by himself." I replied. Nick nodded his head. "When me and Joe were together before, when we were younger, he told me he wanted kids. I always knew he wanted them. So when I found out I was pregnant, although I had some doubt, I knew that Joe would be okay with this."

"How did you know?" Nick asked, narrowing his eyebrows at me. I tilted my head in a questioning way. "How did you know Joe was going to be okay?"

"Because I know Joe. I knew everything about him, even though I hadn't seen or spoken to him in however long. I can tell what's wrong with Joe by looking at him. I trust him with everything I am." Nick looked at me, nodded his head but didn't say anything.

"Allie." Nick whispered after a few moments of silence. "What did I do wrong?" I shifted so I could throw my arm around his shoulder. "She was so perfect, and I just threw it all away."

"You tried." I said as I tried to comfort him. "You saw your mistake and tried to take it back. You tried to make amends and she wouldn't understand. That isn't your fault. You can't blame yourself for it."

"I probably didn't help." He muttered, making me laugh. He looked at me and I stopped, trying hard not to laugh again. "Why did she react so badly to you, Al? She didn't start crying until you spoke."

"That night I left, Gabby picked me up from Joe's and brought me back to your parents house. As I collected my stuff, she said those exact same things to me." I said, not looking at Nick. "The reason I repeated them tonight was because she did exactly what I did and I wanted her to know that."

"God, Allie. You can be a bitch."
♠ ♠ ♠
I was thinking about a sequel. I have a great idea about it, so let me know what you think! :)

Next chapter: A surprising question is asked.